Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Hotel Prices

• 10-06-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I have reason to be in Dublin last minute later this week so went to check out some hotels. The cheapest hotel for one person on any site is €340 for Thursday and Friday night.

Is this the new norm for Dublin? The boom is well and truly back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

corkboy38 wrote: »
    I have reason to be in Dublin last minute later this week so went to check out some hotels. The cheapest hotel for one person on any site is €340 for Thursday and Friday night.

Is this the new norm for Dublin? The boom is well and truly back.

Other then pride week , is there any other big event on?
    It’s supply and demand

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Supply is extremely limited. High tourist season, homeless crisis. Big events on in the city centre. Tell the people forced to live in these hotels the boom is back. It is a perfect storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

ted1 wrote: »
    Other then pride week , is there any other big event on?
    It’s supply and demand

During the timeframe I need to be there it's only mumford and sons. Backstreet boys are on tonight and Bon jovi at the weekend.

Extortionate pricing compared to other major cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

At this stage is often cheaper to fly to UK cities and stay there, and end up in profit compared to Dublin prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

heaps of concerts , even on Thursday night, including 2 stadium concerts over the weekend plus the 3 Arena is a damn big indoor arena plus another outdoor concert at Malahide on Saturday - so in fairness there's probably very little availability left and just like with air fares, the last seats (beds!) go for silly money.
    Heres the list, source here: https://www.songkick.com/metro_areas/29314-ireland-dublin

Thursday
    Fleetwood Mac - RDS Arena
    Elton John - 3Arena
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Vicar Street

and even some good non poppy stuff
    Plaid - Whelan's
    Jeru the Damaja - The Sugar Club

then on Saturday night youve
    Mumford & Sons and Dermot Kennedy - Malahide Castle
    and
    Bon Jovi - RDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Was just going to ask a similiar question - looking for a hotel in either North Wicklow or South County Dublin for a Saturday night in August (I know) but the prices are really high. You could get a cheap city break away for the prices being quoted for one night. I'm thinking of pitching a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

You would literally get return flights to europe and a hotel for the weekend for that price, could never justify it! If I was that desperate, I think I would just go out and stay in the airport

Advertisement