Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Live 19

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't do other country accounts like that, simply because I couldn't be arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hold off, it's supposed to go down to 3 dollars in the US sale when that goes live today. Would be well worth creating a US account and buying US credit online. Smyths selling it for 25 and CEX will give you 19 cash if you wanted it physical

Would you know the lowest denomination of $ gift card that I could buy, and where? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Would you know the lowest denomination of $ gift card that I could buy, and where? :)

8.80 euro for 10 dollars
    https://www.press-start.com/en/4620-buy-key-playstation-playstation-network-card-10-usa/

8.90 euro for 10 dollars on pcgamesupply.com (I use this one mostly)
    https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks man! :D

US sale live on the store now and confirmed NBA 2k19 is 3 dollars.

You know what, it is a 3 dollar game. (Basically free to play) as I would then have no issue 'buying' it every year knowing full well I'd have to buy 60 of VC to build a proper player and make the most of their modes.

• Advertisement

Having spent a good bit of time on both 2k19 and Live 19 lately,, I was definitely enjoying live more. I had created a new character, Slasher PG, went through the street tour mode again and had a ton of fun. Even hit a guy with the 'throw ball between his legs and run around him' move to finish with a 360 layup, not just being fancy but a center went to block me so my guy spun around him mid air for the finish. FUN! The only bit I didn't like was I couldn't hit open midrange or 3's for the life of me. I say open but EA marks a defender standing 5 feet away with his hands down as contested. I know they are trying to cut down on everyone getting green shots but it's very annoying to actually be open and brick a shot because the game says it was contested.

Onto 2k, I could hit open 2's and 3's all day long which was nice but where the fun ended. My 76 rated guy isn't good enough for park games (lag doesn't help) if I could even get a game so stuck with NBA season. It was just boring. Didn'ty feel as physical as Live, felt like I was floating up and down the court. 20 minutes for a game doesn't help my limited gaming time compared to Live games first to 21. Even though the gameplay can be fun, the fact that I couldn't partake in park due to 2k's pay to win just made the experience worse. NOT FUN.

Even though the quality of 2k is higher, Live is just more fun. Looking forward to their live 20 reveal on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to 2k's ultimate legend edition for 150 which will get your player the ability to play park straight away without people walking off spots because you're too low level.

I'm posting here again as I see NBA2K19 is on sale right now on the weekend offer for €15. I've no interest in the park side of things, or playing other people. I got loads of time out of NBA2K16 just playing career and didn't really play Live 17 (or 18, can't remember) much as it just wasn't as fun to play, didn't look as good and felt slower.

So, other people aside, would you recommend 2K19 for the single player experience? I know it will be shut down in a couple of years, but I think it would be worth it for €15 if it's playable.

Yupp I'd go for it for 15. As long as you know you won't be playing Park unless you spend money which you already said you're not pushed on anyway so just as a single player game, i think you'll enjoy it more. I liked the prologue story and making it to the nba. Once the nba starts, the story becomes non existent and it's just game on game on game. Leveling up is verrrry slow so you'll need to focus on a few areas that interest you to get the most out of each game as it will take way too long to get good at everything.

All the negatives of 2k19, mostly the pay to win structure (someone calculated you would have to spend 800+ hours to get one character to 99) definitely dampened the whole experience for me even though gameplay wise, i enjoyed the actual mechanics. As a slasher pg, i was able to drive, make passes, dunk and hit open 3's. I had fun playing the games but i wanted to play park which was a no go so always left a bad taste in my mouth.

My Team has a good offline mode and tons of great cards are being given away through locker codes if you follow the reddit for them. You could get a great team almost straight away.

Sweet! Yeah, it's just the career I play, full games, breaking all records by Season 2! I'm not looking for the ultimate realistic version, but one where I can bring digital me (who just happens to be about 1 to 1.5 feet taller) through the motions. Go Blazers!

I'm gonna get it so. Looking forward to it now!

Edit: Went to but it, asked me if I want the standard for €15 or the deluxe or something for €30. All the extra benefits are skins, a small amount of VC and all stuff for the MP side of things. Nah!

Edit 2: Actually, I remember back to when the 2K16 servers were turned off, and then I realised I could have started offline the whole time and could have continued from where I left off. Is this the same? Is there an offline career mode? I read a Reddit thread who said there is, but it's just calender games with no 'story'. Does this include the fake articles or promotions, etc? Or is it just game, game, game, game, etc? I also read that the story forces you to make certain mistakes or reduces your skill in order to prompt a story cut scene. That don't sound good.

No idea if career can be played offline as it's integrated with the neighborhood. I hope to **** 2k keep it separate for 20. As for the scripted bits, as i recall there are a few in the prologue to guide the story a certain way but that's all fluff anyway, no big deal. Better story than last few years by miles but still not brilliant. I enjoyed the prologue anyway and when i got to the nba, there was zero story. Just games with the very very odd message txt message. I'd say check the 2ktv episodes of they still give vc and look up the answers online, might get a nice vc headstart to bulk up your player.

Also the anniversary edition for 30 comes with 100k vc which will get you up to level 75-78ish. Took me about half a season to get to that point iirc.

• Advertisement

Awesome. I'll probably just play online SP so. I do like a bit of a story, and I was the largest whitest male in the all-black 2K16 family, so it may be nice to not be that this time! XD Massively overlooked that when Spike made the story. Also, I've no problem with taking a while to level up, and even though it sounds like it will take ages, it'll be some sort of progression to work towards!

Aw man, Spikes story was ridiculous and i felt 2k didn't want to interfere with it. My white (ish, he never actually looked white) character sat in the middle of a black family and i thought ah, he could be adopted and then they make it a point to say that you and your sister are twins born from your black mam and dad. If they wanted to do that properly, they should have given you a premade character like the journey in fifa.

Yeah, I went with the adoption thing until then too, just gave up thinking about it after that!

Nba Live 19 is on sale in psn for a tenner if anyone fancied giving it a go.

EA Access is live on ps4. 4 euro a month or 25 a year. NBA Live 19 is on it so great cheap chance to try it.

I was going to get it, but would you believe either something clicked or my character woke up twice as good as he was, because I'm now bringing the Pelicans in second (behind Golden State, and we beat them already and they're only 1 up, we've a game in hand). I'm 3rd in the Power Rankings, and i'm playing beast! So gonna stick with 2K for another while, even though the progression is painfully slow. Shur it's only €50 to buy enough VC to max out my player currently...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vonmark954

Demo is class, game plays much smoother this year. Creating courts is a great addition and the looks like there is some amount of customisation items you can unlock through rewards. Plus being able to set the location at multiple cities around Ireland is a nice touch..

Court Battles mode was revealed last night. Take your custom court into a timed campaign where you set a defensive CPU team up to defend your court while you attack other people's courts. Win, and you take control of their court. More courts you control by end of the timed campaign the higher tier of rewards you get. Ton of rules to set as well like only dunks score points, more points the further out you shoot, etc.

Your One created player is captain of attacking team and can't be swapped out. Other than him/her, you build your team by unlocking players as rewards in The One world tour and court battles modes.

Wow Great

Advertisement