Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour America - Secrets Silversands, Cancun

Options
  • 14-06-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat here.

We're going on our honeymoon next month. A couple of weeks in the US followed by a week in Cancun.
    We were booked into the above resort. Last week (6th June) we got a call from our travel agent (Tour America), advising us that Silversands was closing with immediate effect and we were offered two alternatives, Secrets The Vine (same package and room type) or Secrets Akumal (similar room but worse package).

Having reviewed each package we went for The Vine and inform TA of out choice within an hour of the original call. I was advised they would let Secrets know and confirm with me via email.

It's been 8 days now and still no confirmation of our room. I've been back and forth with our rep in TA (phone and email) and have been advised that due to so many people having to be relocated the confirmation process is taking longer than they expected. but that they are following up.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Any recommended plan of action?

Advertisement