Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pin lock front door - any recommendations

Options
  • 19-04-2019 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all, looking at getting a new front door that has a key pad pin on it rather than using a key.

Has anyone on here gotten one / any recommendations where to , etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have not bought or used one.

But have you considered some of smart locks from Yale etc.

You can open it with your phone etc? Handy to give people temp or times access, very easy to change the code remotely

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I did a bit of research recently and concluded that a commercial supplier (for business premises) was the best bet.

Don't like the consumer grade smart locks, too complicated.

Maybe chat to a few locksmiths?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

I bought one for new front door 2 years ago - yale keyfree one. No issues with it so far. My one has keypad for PIN + keyfobs for remote open. Newer ones work slightly differently. Ensure your new door manufacturer supports these type of locks.

Advertisement