Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What's your opinion on the future of cryptocurrencys becoming more like JPMCoin, a stable coin with a 1:1 ratio to USD that dont't need to mined?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

What's your opinion on the future of cryptocurrencys becoming more like JPMCoin, a stable coin with a 1:1 ratio to USD that dont't need to mined?

Can see this tech definitely replacing traditionally money transfer and payments in the future. Basically way to reduce fees for customers, increase security and speed. Makes a lot of sense but needs increase in adoption and user friendliness.

Until then technology like SWIFT will reign supreme, it may even adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You know, this is why I've put money into Kraken twice and withdrawn it twice since BTC rose from the ashes.
    Anyone serious who wants to use crypto can just make it, Governments such as India and big businesses have already done so.
    The other thing is, is there really a need for it? In China Alipay and WePay have already to a large extent taken over from cash on the main street, cannot see any crypto ever gaining a foothold there (even if the Government allowed it, and if they did it would be one they created/controlled).
    Despite all the hype, Bitcoin real world usage is actually falling , so whats driving it?..gross manipulation/fraud hype, its nothing more than gambling in its purest sense.

That said, i still have a few hundred in which I can afford to gamble/lose, after all its nice to dream my altcoin might do what XVG did last time and make me 100x + returns!

My real investments will remain on the stock market and P2P.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Panic sold TEUM at 4.15 during the dip today (bought at 4.40), absolutely disgusted with myself, should have taken good profits a few days ago. Was only in this for short term as I dont trust the CEO or CFO one bit (they remind me of Flim and Flam from My Little Pony - yes i have kids!). Bah humbug.
    Not majorly down but was nicely up and didn't take profits through greed, lesson learned

SPX at very nervy heights now, only in STNE, currently and watching that like a hawk (bought at $36.80 and currently at $37.63).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Uber has 10 billion in losses and coming to the market soon. Think this will be another all hype on opening day climbing higher before heading south to a reasonable level type of stocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    SAN.MC €4.10 (Target €4.51)
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36)
    MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21)
    RYA €10.41 (Target €11.46)
    VOO $224.50 (Target $246.95)

All 5 in now

MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21) - Reached €31.67 9/1/2019 - now €36.53
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36) - Reached £18.08 24/1/2019 - now £18.18
    RYA €10.41 (Target €11.46) - Reached €11.56 6/2/2019 - now €11.77
    VOO $224.50 (Target $246.95) - Reached $250.79 6/2/2019 - now $264.69
    SAN.MC €4.10 (Target €4.51) - Currently at €4.57 12/4/2019

So lolling in a hammock sipping a Carribean Stallion on La Plage Du Maui beckons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Thinking of revisiting VSTM at current price. Any reason I shouldn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thinking of revisiting VSTM at current price. Any reason I shouldn't?

I was thinking the same, to bring my bep down, but already feel im overexposed on it..

Trading couple million below cash value at this stage I believe. Might make a punt Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No hurry with a downtrend like that.

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quotes/VSTM/opinion

Of course it will jump 40% now that I say that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The drugs/pipeline look good. However no insider buying. I'd probabaly wait until that changes or there's a strong trend reversal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone have shares in Axon Enterprises? Makes tasers and software for the police

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Viking making one of its regular trips down to the 8-9s before shooting up again, Ill stick a couple of grand in if I see 8.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Finally in the green with Green Reit :-)

after the big jump today on the back of annoucement that they are up for sale

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/green-reit-puts-itself-up-for-sale-the-groups-portfolio-is-worth-1-5bn-38015348.html

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Anyone having problems accessing Degiro site today?

Nope, logged in 3 times including right there and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Gicen the state of the markets today I'm afraid to check. Be better off if it's on the fritz.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Gicen the state of the markets today I'm afraid to check. Be better off if it's on the fritz.

It's only a mid spring sale ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

No, mine is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Thanks, Lads.
    Got in fine now, just had a few issues about an hour ago. Kept telling me that Degiro took too long to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That Disney 30 year chart is looking Fantastic....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

And we're off....Porsche Automobil PT Set at €92.00 by Credit Suisse Group...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 premierloco

Have been holding MasterCard shares for a while now and only yesterday read about that UK court case which has been given the go ahead. Got a bit spooked and am wondering whether to sell up.

Has anyone any thoughts?

Thargor wrote: »
    Viking making one of its regular trips down to the 8-9s before shooting up again, Ill stick a couple of grand in if I see 8.xx

In at 8.35 for another swing earlier, in the 8.80's now.

Was tempted by Vstm but held off, I've enough there.

Sincerely hope nobody else held RGSE when it went OTC. Won't cut my losses but dear God....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

All Markets closed today?

retalivity wrote: »
    All Markets closed today?

All the important ones aye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Serious action on RHE today, up around 200%, oscillating fairly wildly, available pre-market around $2.60, went as high as $3.94, now $3, might be worth a punt/trade but wouldn't be caught holding, average volume 176k, so far today over 19m shares traded, selling 4 nursing facilities seems to be the catalyst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bob Harris wrote: »
    In at 8.35 for another swing earlier, in the 8.80's now.

Was tempted by Vstm but held off, I've enough there.

Any more thoughts on vstm given the big drop?

• Advertisement

Any more thoughts on vstm given the big drop?

Personally I've chased/averaged it down enough. Even last week I was looking at 2,20 and thinking maybe - now it's at 2.14!
    I do think it will turnaround and it's a game of patience. Sales of Coptiktra are still slow if message boards are to be believed but they have other combined treatments being trialled and licences in Japan and China.

Advertisement