Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Week's Top Five Queries (15.04.2019 - 21.04.2019)

Options
  • 22-04-2019 3:09pm
    Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep

1. My landlord is trying to charge me for water charges for my unmetered premises which is also connected to two businesses. Am I liable?

If you are living in a domestic residence, you shouldn't be paying domestic charges via your landlord. As you have stated that there is no meter, your landlord would have received an assessed bill for the registered businesses and not the residential property.

2. A fire hydrant has been removed and I am concerned of the safety implications for the area. Can you help?

Please PM us with your full name, address & contact number, and a member of our team will investigate this for you.

3. How do I report a leak?

You can report a leak on our website here.

Alternatively, if you PM the following details, we can look into this:

- Your full name;
    - The exact location of the leak; and
    - Your contact number.

4. I wish to report a blocked drain. Can you help?

You can report a blocked storm drain to the Roads and Drainage Department of your Local Authority who is responsible for the maintenance of this infrastructure.

Irish Water is responsible for the maintenance of the public water and wastewater infrastructure, which storm drains are not part of.

5. My property is affected by rats coming up from the sewer. Can you help?

Please PM us with your full name, address & contact number, and a member of our team will look into this for you.

Advertisement