Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the correct ratio mix for plastering?

Options
  • 19-04-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

What is the correct ratio mix of what materials for plastering interior walls of a house? I have a small patch of a few square feet at most, about 1 inch deep I need to redo.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

You need bonding first to fill the hole to 3 or so mm from the surface. Mix is soft but not runny. Dampen the wall first. A few days later, scratch the bonding with a screwdriver to give a key. Skimcoat to finish. More liquid than bonding . Look at youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭98-00

Thanks for the advice. I've had a go at it before with little success, just want to check I had the right materials. I'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

To add. Skimcoat is applied but no attempt to make it super flat -more the correct quantity plus little. Its left for hour to stiffen then gone at again. Worked more towards flat and excesd removed. Then left to off a bit more and smoothed more.

A youtube vid will show it all precisely.

Advertisement