Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoils changing prices??

Options
  • 20-04-2019 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

I’d have a bet 2-3 times every week , not very successfully but enjoy an interest

Twice on the last month when I went to collect in spoils on small bets , one placed and one won .. I received less than the price on my docket which on each occasion I got checked by staff ... I’m told the price had changed when I query despite I say the staff member checked it ... the second one I did the bet at 3-1 ... was talking to someone in shop for ten minutes and showed him the horse who was still 3-1 on screen but yet the following day they say it was only 11-4 when I placed bet .. it’s one thing to be losing but when you have a winner they seem to shave the price as well ... It seems like a tactic to grow their profits further ... to be honest I think it’s a signal to give up betting ..the punter doesn’t stand a chance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Just to be clear,have you taken a price when placing these bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

They are the worst bookie around, i very rarely go into my local one but everytime you get a winner they seem to short-change despite taking the correct price.

90% of my bets would be online but would usually do a 'syndicate bet' or so in shop and boyles is the local bookmakers so would use them from time-to-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I’ve had the same issue with them in the past so I go elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

vandriver wrote: »
    Just to be clear,have you taken a price when placing these bets?

Yes I did take a price and a staff member checked it but admitably I collected in other shops ... but each time the price I was paid out was less ...they look at you blankly when you query it .. and it may be 4 or 5 euro but it all adds up ..

It seems to be boyles name that keeps coming up around this type of underhand carry on ...I guess if you do 10 people a day in every shop they have it adds up to a lot of money over the year for owners of boyles but I won’t bet with them again even if it means not betting

Advertisement