Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money for nothing

Options
  • 18-04-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Money for nothing is a BBC show where items that are about to be dumped are rescued and turned into something new and desirable.

There are two observations I have made about this show. The first is that many of the items date to when the Brits made a lot more of their own everyday stuff, from furniture to electrical and mechanical goods. Restoring old stuff nowadays reduces the need to import so much from Asia but it is a far cry from the height of their industrial revolution. That is kinda sad.

The second observation is that the profitability/viability of restoring items and producing stuff generally would be far greater if only market forces were allowed to determine pay rates in society. High pay is a really terrible idea but I have not managed to convince anyone of that reality.

Comments

Money for nothing is a BBC show where items that are about to be dumped are rescued and turned into something new and desirable.

There are two observations I have made about this show. The first is that many of the items date to when the Brits made a lot more of their own everyday stuff, from furniture to electrical and mechanical goods. Restoring old stuff nowadays reduces the need to import so much from Asia but it is a far cry from the height of their industrial revolution. That is kinda sad.

The second observation is that the profitability/viability of restoring items and producing stuff generally would be far greater if only market forces were allowed to determine pay rates in society. High pay is a really terrible idea but I have not managed to convince anyone of that reality.

I think Ronseal have a brush on stain remover.

You could try washing yourself with that and see if it fixes your problem.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I wish you wouldn't use words like this in your posts:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So, basically you want the reality of Victorian times. Find a chap called H G Wells he'll sort you out. Enjoy the Workhouse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement