Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat bringing clothes home

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My friend came down one morning to find a pair of boxers on her kitchen floor, a 'present' from her DOG!
    My friend is gay so she knew they were definitely nothing to do with her :D
    She had to knock next door where the wife of the owner answered the door and my friend said "I think these belong to your husband" The lady roared laughing and definitely saw the funny side of it.

jasonb wrote: »
    That was my first thought, but with a few estates nearby I'm hoping the GPS collar can narrow it down for us first. Will definitely give them some wine to say sorry for the hassle!

Any idea where the cat ****s?
    Maybe you could wine for those people too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

The lady roared laughing and definitely saw the funny side of it.

Honestly, how could you not see the funny side!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

bubblypop wrote: »
    Any idea where the cat ****s?
    Maybe you could wine for those people too

"She uses a section of our back garden for a toilet."

Already answered, thanks...

"She uses a section of our back garden for a toilet."

Already answered, thanks...

Oh right, so the cat never ****s when the owner hasn't got a clue where it is?
    Funny how they know that, but they don't know where it steals other people's clothes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Funny how they know that, but they don't know where it steals other people's clothes from.

Must have been a pride of lions that got in to your garden they way you're going on.........

Well, I'm pretty certain my cat's nowhere near your garden, so I'm not responsible for your issues. So how about you get off my back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

You need to either secure your garden to stop cat wandering or keep it in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Stop letting your cat out. Typical inconsiderate pet owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

If it was a medium sized Manchester United top I'll take it off your hands considering he stole it.

• Advertisement

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    If it was a medium sized Manchester United top I'll take it off your hands considering he stole it.

It was a Liverpool top. I think the Utd top is in the litter tray. ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

All jokes aside OP those jerseys are expensive,I'd be doing my best to find out who it belongs to. Cant you just walk round to all the neighbours and ask?

fineso.mom wrote: »
    All jokes aside OP those jerseys are expensive,I'd be doing my best to find out who it belongs to. Cant you just walk round to all the neighbours and ask?

I agree, and I do want to get this stuff back to the owners, it's not fair on them. There are a lot of potential estates/houses nearby, so I'm going to try the GPS first (ordered a collar today) and it that doesn't narrow it down I'll print up some leaflets and go door to door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I have to say this is quite unusual, I have experienced cats bringing plenty of unwanted things home but have never heard of a football top being one of them.

Mine has brought in mice, various birds, moths, a bat and a relatively large rabbit, all just within the last few months, but never any clothing items.

Posters on lamptpost could be the best bet, the football top will definitely be missed and will have the owner thinking it could have been a theft.

If the cat takes more of an interest in lingerie rather than football as he matures then I would more take the approach of destroying it immediately and most definitely no lamppost posters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

peasant wrote: »
    So it isn't the washing machine that makes the socks disappear after all ....:D

It never wasl i don;t use a washing machine ! But I will be questioning the cats...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Now, if only there was a way to stop every creature that poops in your garden from doing so, foxes, mice, rats, etc and someone should control those feckin' birds that keep pooping all over my washing, windows and car.

Fair play to you OP for looking for the owner of the stolen items, hopefully if you find them they have a sense of humour.

skallywag wrote: »
    I have to say this is quite unusual, I have experienced cats bringing plenty of unwanted things home but have never heard of a football top being one of them.

Mine has brought in mice, various birds, moths, a bat and a relatively large rabbit, all just within the last few months, but never any clothing items. "

P

That was why I asked if they had seen the cat carrying the clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Dusty the Klepto Kitty

Graces7 wrote: »
    That was why I asked if they had seen the cat carrying the clothes?

Yeah, we haven't seen her actually carrying the clothes/towel into the back garden. But we have seen her carry other items (feathers/moss etc.) in the back garden and some blankets inside our house as well. About 95% certain it's her, our other cat doesn't carry anything around.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Klepto kitty Lol.
    Definitely put up posters around the estate before getting a GPS or cat cam.

• Advertisement

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Klepto kitty Lol.
    Definitely put up posters around the estate before getting a GPS or cat cam.

GPS already ordered. My house is at the end of my estate, and backs onto a couple of other estates, so there's a lot of ground to cover.

GPS already ordered. My house is at the end of my estate, and backs onto a couple of other estates, so there's a lot of ground to cover.

may not all be from the same house....

Graces7 wrote: »
    may not all be from the same house....

Yeah, I know, that's something I'm worried about. My hope though is that there's one house that has a particularly low clothes line, or a table beside a clothes line or something like that, and that's where she's getting it from. Can't see how she'd get clothes down from a clothes line otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

AulWan wrote: »
    Now, if only there was a way to stop every creature that poops in your garden from doing so, foxes, mice, rats, etc and someone should control those feckin' birds that keep pooping all over my washing, windows and car.

Fair play to you OP for looking for the owner of the stolen items, hopefully if you find them they have a sense of humour.

Yeah, those wild animals really need to be curtailed. Good thing there are people's pet cats to keep down that pesky bird population.

Yeah, I know, that's something I'm worried about. My hope though is that there's one house that has a particularly low clothes line, or a table beside a clothes line or something like that, and that's where she's getting it from. Can't see how she'd get clothes down from a clothes line otherwise.

if they are flapping she can leap and grab with her claws... that would very cat like..., They love moving things... like big birds! Just be glad she is not a goat

Oh here you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5dsqCDtX0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHULQWMRDs

Well, I'm pretty certain my cat's nowhere near your garden, so I'm not responsible for your issues. So how about you get off my back?

Yea, how do you know? You don't know where you're cat is going, so you said.
    Responsible pet owners don't let their animals roam all over other peoples property

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

OP is doing a decent thing in my book, regardless of those who just want to piddle on him anyway for being so unreasonable as to leave a cat roam around.

I know plenty who would not bother a toss trying to find out who owns the items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

A GPS will tell you where your cat has been, not where she has stolen things from, I think...
    Furthermore, a GPS is subject to some error (i.e. location inaccuracy), if not enough satellites are received or if the reception is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Might not be from a clothes line, they might have come from a clothes horse that someone has placed outside. Items would be a lot easier removed than pulling pegged down clothes of a washing line.

• Advertisement

Might not be from a clothes line, they might have come from a clothes horse that someone has placed outside. Items would be a lot easier removed than pulling pegged down clothes of a washing line.

They could be from a burst black bag down a lane the way some people treat the environment.

Advertisement