Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papal Blessing Certificate

Options
  • 13-07-2019 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me in the direction of where I’d be able to get one of these? My husband would love one so I’m on the quest to try get one as his first anniversary paper present. Not being at all holy I haven’t a notion where to look!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Your local PP should be able to arrange for you I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Your local PP should be able to arrange for you I think.

Screw that, do it online ! :

https://www.elemosineria.va/product-category/wedding/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

If in Dublin Veritas on Abbey Street is the only (non diocese) official merchant in Ireland, they then come straight from the Vatican Parchment Office.

Some diocese deal directly with the Vatican Parchment Office, those who don't will direct you to Veritas.

gctest50 wrote: »

Genuinely thanks a mill for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

Hi, sorry to bear bad news but they are only available prior to the event in question, never after.

• Advertisement

To be clear, the Papal Blessing would have been for your Marriage. They are only given afterwards for significant anniversaries of Marriage, 25, 30 years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Wellyd wrote: »
    Could anyone point me in the direction of where I’d be able to get one of these? My husband would love one so I’m on the quest to try get one as his first anniversary paper present. Not being at all holy I haven’t a notion where to look!

When you try to place an order, although it lets you go back in dates when you click enter it says

Please enter a date not more than 2 months before today and not more than 4 months from today.

Elsewhere on the website it says 'the date of the occasion may not be more than four months away, or less than two months;'. Although I do see you can enter a past date when ordering.
    I don't know what would happen if it was ordered for a past date, the order may be cancelled afterwards.
    The pop up about the dates on the order page seems to be incorrectly phrased. You could try it and see what happens. Hope it works out for you.

Advertisement