Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tissot watch stopped still under warranty

Options
  • 18-07-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please advise me?

My Tissot watch stopped working and it's still within its 2 year warranty.

I have the Tissot guaranteed card and I've just emailed Tissot asking how do I get this sorted asap.

I'm extremely disappointed as I dropped into my local Tissot shop today and they indicated the watch will have to be sent away even if it's just a battery issue and would take a minimum of three weeks even for a battery replacement!

I'm going on holidays in three weeks so I'll have no watch for the forceable future.

I'm extremely disappointed in Tissot watches I can't believe I'll be so long without it and yet it's under two years old and even if it's only a battery issue it's ridiculous.

Does anyone have any experience of getting a Tissot watch repaired under warranty? If so any tip advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can anyone please advise me?

My Tissot watch stopped working and it's still within its 2 year warranty.

I have the Tissot guaranteed card and I've just emailed Tissot asking how do I get this sorted asap.

I'm extremely disappointed as I dropped into my local Tissot shop today and they indicated the watch will have to be sent away even if it's just a battery issue and would take a minimum of three weeks even for a battery replacement!

I'm going on holidays in three weeks so I'll have no watch for the forceable future.

I'm extremely disappointed in Tissot watches I can't believe I'll be so long without it and yet it's under two years old and even if it's only a battery issue it's ridiculous.

Does anyone have any experience of getting a Tissot watch repaired under warranty? If so any tip advice appreciated.

What exactly is wrong with it? Is it just that the battery needs to be replaced? If not and it needs to be sent back how long do you think it should take? Keep in mind that the service Centre might not be in Ireland meaning there’d be a few days postage either end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Time wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with it? Is it just that the battery needs to be replaced? If not and it needs to be sent back how long do you think it should take? Keep in mind that the service Centre might not be in Ireland meaning there’d be a few days postage either end

I think the battery is fading it's losing 15 minutes every day for past month.

The lady in the jewelry shop said the battery is also covered under the two year warranty.

The girl in shop also said it needs to go to the Tissot service center in the UK even for a battery and that takes minimum of three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Ive sent alot of things back under warranty repairs in a previous job, 3-4 weeks turn around time is very normal.

funkyouup wrote: »
    Ive sent alot of things back under warranty repairs in a previous job, 3-4 weeks turn around time is very normal.

How do I initiate the repair most efficiently?

Local Jewelry shop who is a Tissot dealer offered to send it on my behalf

Look at it like this, if you send it yourself it will be returned directly to you so already your a day or 2 ahead.
    If the shop sends it for you it will probably add a day or 2.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

If you want it back sooner and its only a battery replacement just have a local jeweller do it for you it'll cost a tenner or so. Otherwise 3 weeks isn't that long tbh, it can take 6-8 weeks to get a watch back with a lot of other brands.

Chris over at Chrono would do it for you and have it back within a week, with the waterproof seals done too (if thats needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

As above, cost you a tenner in most jewellers for another battery, most do it there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Yes, most jewellers will replace the battery while you wait but don't expect the watch to have any water resistance afterwards (there are some exceptions to this). There is also a risk that this is not just a battery replacement job, in which case getting the battery replaced locally may make it much harder to get a warranty repair afterwards.

I think Tissots have an EOL indicator for the battery, the second hand starts ticking in 2s jumps and then 4s jumps as the battery runs down, they don't normally just start losing large amounts of time.

OP, its very unfortunate but this could be more serious than a battery replacement and my advice would be to send it back to Tissot. You can pick up a serviceable watch very cheaply as a temporary replacement.

Anjobe wrote: »
    Yes, most jewellers will replace the battery while you wait but don't expect the watch to have any water resistance afterwards (there are some exceptions to this). There is also a risk that this is not just a battery replacement job, in which case getting the battery replaced locally may make it much harder to get a warranty repair afterwards.

I think Tissots have an EOL indicator for the battery, the second hand starts ticking in 2s jumps and then 4s jumps as the battery runs down, they don't normally just start losing large amounts of time.

OP, its very unfortunate but this could be more serious than a battery replacement and my advice would be to send it back to Tissot. You can pick up a serviceable watch very cheaply as a temporary replacement.

Thanks yes I agree, for peace of mind I'm sending it to Tissot.

Ill pick up a 2nd watch :)

• Advertisement

funkyouup wrote: »

I went through that proceedure last night and this morning I received an email stating that's for UK only and not Ireland.

I'll just drop it into my local Fields Jewellery shop tomorrow as they told me they can send it on my behalf once I show the Tissot Guarantee cert.

Advertisement