Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for a Washing machine 7-8kg

Options
  • 03-07-2019 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nightwolf1

torrevieja wrote: »
    Thanks in advance

Always found LG washing machines reliable aeg washing machines too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

might go for one

also is it normal for a washing machine too have a certain amount of water in it my sister had to move her machine today and some water was under machine ?

might go for one

also is it normal for a washing machine too have a certain amount of water in it my sister had to move her machine today and some water was under machine ?

Usually some water left in the waste disposal pipe or in the filter probably nothing to worry about

What brand machine did you end up buying?

zanussi

its a simple cool machine, but when i got it delivereed all the packaging was off so i thought was just a plug in but did not realise you have to take bolts out they dont go out of the way to tell you, this luckily my mate was there as i was connecting it up ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

Can i ask which Zanussi you bought. I was just about to post asking for recomendations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I seen the the title and I clicked in and was about to say don't buy Zanussi. I've had a few of them and they don't last. Both washing machines and driers.
    I got a heat pump drier about 3 years ago and it crapped itself within a few weeks and was obviously fixed under warranty but it went again about a year ago and the pump was more expensive than a new drier.

I've replaced both washer and drier with Bosch units after fetting recommendation from a guy in the trade. And neither have skipped a beat yet.

Whats your opinion on Beko. We're about to go on holidays and this couldn't have come at a worse time. Our Siemens was a workhorse but was 17 years old and to fix would cost approx €250. I need 8/9kg as we live by the sea and Im constantly washing towels about 7 months of the year and also have farm clothes too.
    I spotted this and it seems to be getting good reviews Beko 9kg WTG941B1W
    even if i only got 3/4 years out of it id be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've never had one sorry, and these things always happen at Poxy times:(
    As a rule of thumb go German is what I was told.

Athdara wrote: »
    Can i ask which Zanussi you bought. I was just about to post asking for recomendations

Model: ZWF81440W

• Advertisement

Model: ZWF81440W

Ended up buying a Zanussi as shop could deliver it that day & Beko would need to be ordered so could take 3/4 days plus the weekend. ZWF81240
    Talk about a pain of a washing machine. Most wash cycles are 2.5 hours long and that’s withbthe Quick wash selected. It’s more than double what my last machine took. As soon as I can I’m taking it out and buying a decent machine. I’ll put that one up on Done Deal.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ended up buying a Zanussi as shop could deliver it that day & Beko would need to be ordered so could take 3/4 days plus the weekend. ZWF81240
    Talk about a pain of a washing machine. Most wash cycles are 2.5 hours long and that’s withbthe Quick wash selected. It’s more than double what my last machine took. As soon as I can I’m taking it out and buying a decent machine. I’ll put that one up on Done Deal.
    Unfortunately, that can be the case for most of the newer cold-fill only washing machines when doing a standard cotton cycle. I'd imagine your old Siemens was hot and cold fill and would've used a lot more water, but less time.

There is a Zanussi model available that has FlexTime option, that allows you to adjust the duration of the cycle (similar to Time Manager on it's big brother Electrolux machines).

The Beko machine you mentioned above (and other Beko's) does have a 28min quick wash for full load. Of course, it's not going to be a very thorough wash in that short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭mada999

Whats your opinion on Beko. We're about to go on holidays and this couldn't have come at a worse time. Our Siemens was a workhorse but was 17 years old and to fix would cost approx €250. I need 8/9kg as we live by the sea and Im constantly washing towels about 7 months of the year and also have farm clothes too.
    I spotted this and it seems to be getting good reviews Beko 9kg WTG941B1W
    even if i only got 3/4 years out of it id be happy

was told by my repair man that BEKO are very decent... made in the same factory as bosch etc.. or so he said...

mada999 wrote: »
    was told by my repair man that BEKO are very decent... made in the same factory as bosch etc.. or so he said...

There not made in the same factory there 2 totally different brands with nothing to do with each other I use to work in a shop where the owner would say that same bs to sell machines I would always tell the customer if they asked me that Beko is Turkish and in. No way connect
    The with bsh group Bosch Siemens or Neff.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Looking for recommendations as well, my Hotpoint Aquarius 7kg just died, after 10 good years. Is Hotpoint still a good brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭bmc58

Thanks in advance
    BEKO.Have one for about seven years never a problem.Got from ARGOS half price,best deal ever.Just myself and my wife use it(odd time when daughters come home we do a bit of washing for them too).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭bmc58

might go for one

No not normal.You probably have a leak somewhere in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Fiftyplus

I am in the same boat - looking for a 7kg washing machine but put of the Zanussi because of long wash cycles. Anyone any thoughts on Nordmende?

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    I am in the same boat - looking for a 7kg washing machine but put of the Zanussi because of long wash cycles. Anyone any thoughts on Nordmende?

There's a nice hotpoint 7kg 1400 spin washing machine going at €279 atm should be fairly decent or 9kg 1400 spin hotpoint washing machine at €299

Advertisement