Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankie goes to Killarney

Options
  • 16-07-2019 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭

I see Dettori booked for 4 rides at Killarney tomorrow. I trust the kingdom will give him the welcome he deserves. I would say it will be a great night down there tomorrow evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A Dettori 4 timer at killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Going down there later. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I backed High Altitude tonight. He is well handicapped and won over course and distance. Trainer has Keane up on his other but think it's too big coming down the weights. 8 o'clock 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I backed High Altitude tonight. He is well handicapped and won over course and distance. Trainer has Keane up on his other but think it's too big coming down the weights. 8 o'clock 20s

Followed you in.
    Had liked the look of Feeling Easy with the rain forecast but doesn't look like its materializing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Of his four rides tonight, surely he is over to ride Fozzy's in the listed race?

I can't see him heading to Kerry to ride a maiden? Unless it's not a horse he is riding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyalAcademy2

The Healy-Rae's will surely give him the "mother-of-all-welcomes" a la John Delaney. Back in the day this used to mean the opposite to what the sycophantic Michael intended for JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

I'm going with gavin cromwells two horses in the 4 o clock and 5 o clock in catterick. He's in serious form at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Of his four rides tonight, surely he is over to ride Fozzy's in the listed race?

I can't see him heading to Kerry to ride a maiden? Unless it's not a horse he is riding?

Of all the horses he is riding tonight, Stacks horse would be one he is least likely to be over for.

He has a relationship with Weld going back a few years and same with Murtagh.

Kauto wrote: »
    Of all the horses he is riding tonight, Stacks horse would be one he is least likely to be over for.

He has a relationship with Weld going back a few years and same with Murtagh.

The waffle from the bookies was that he gets a neat few bob from the race course for turning up? I feel soiled writing this ?

Killarney is one of the nicest tracks in the country, why would they need to be enticing Frankie over ? I am calling it bookie shop BS.

BSBS. Bookie Shop Bull Shight.

I have backed mujid and fozzy's horse. I have done the Frankie Yankee as well. I hope the bookies take a pasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Chancing highway to heaven in the last Killarney mark is plummeting surely due a day in the sun. Trainers horses in reasonable form (50% rtf) and she ran ok after a break when embarking on its summer campaign min bet ew 18/1

• Advertisement

Backed this with Skybet. Was almost sure they were going 4 places when I placed the bet?

Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Glenjamin360

O'brien should throw everything to get colin Keane as ballydoyle no1

O'brien should throw everything to get colin Keane as ballydoyle no1

Wont need to throw much. Even if he was offered second jockey it would be a far better gig than he has now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Glenjamin360

Wont need to throw much. Even if he was offered second jockey it would be a far better gig than he has now.

The lyons gig isn't a bad one in fairness, but he's miles the best rider in Ireland and deserves to be on group 1 animals

The lyons gig isn't a bad one in fairness, but he's miles the best rider in Ireland and deserves to be on group 1 animals

Lyons is no further on than he was 4 or 5 years ago. Keane rides in feck all big races. If he has ambitions he would want to be finding better home soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭BigStickMick

Lyons is no further on than he was 4 or 5 years ago. Keane rides in feck all big races. If he has ambitions he would want to be finding better home soon.
    Did not have Khalid Abdullah in the yard 4 or 5 years ago did he?

Did not have Khalid Abdullah in the yard 4 or 5 years ago did he?

Doubt he will be building on the numbers he gets from him. He has been scaling back his operation worldwide over the last few years so that not going to be a big future owner.

Lyons had a Group 1 2 year old 4 or 5 years ago and has very little since. Contrary to the garbage he spouts out about horses improving for runs, his 2 year olds tend to regress after a run or two. Wait and see Siskin beaten next time out.

Given the ammunition he has I think Ger Lyons is a credit to himself. I hope he gets a good season out of Siskin, I would presume he goes to for the Phoenix next? That race is in 3 weeks, it will take a good one to beat him.

He made the correct call not bringing him to Ascot.

The fact remains that given the way the 2yr old group races are structured a lot of trainers tend to keep September and October in mind. The National Stakes is in September and is the Dewhearst as late as October? Any 2 year old who was racing maidens in May can easily be over the top by then in fairness.

Advertisement