Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tagged bird in the middle of Dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I took a photo of this flightless bird in the yard of a large manufacturing facility in Dublin where I work. I say flightless as it could only run away from me. The site has alot of Seagulls and Pigeons hanging around. These are considered problematic as they can sometimes enter locations where they're not wanted.

There is a tag on this bird's leg. What could it be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Lots of roof nesting gulls being ringed the last few years. I'll post the email you should report it to when I get back to my PC.

PS its flightless because it is a youngster. May have fallen down from its nest site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Please email the sighting to:

medgullring@gmail.com

Include the date and location you saw the bird and attach the photos, they will be very happy to receive your record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Please email the sighting to:

medgullring@gmail.com

Include the date and location you saw the bird and attach the photos, they will be very happy to receive your record.

Done. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Mad - just saw a ababy gull in st Stephens green hollerung its head off while wearing one of those tags. It was so noisy I thought it had a bit of milk bottle or random olastic caught on its leg but no - it was just a brat!Wish Id known or id have taken a pic. No doubt its yollered off now

Advertisement