Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buymie - no fees on dunnes orders

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭MickH503

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Buymie allows you to get shopping delivered from Dunnes, Lidl and Tesco.

What areas do they cover? Just tried my parent's address in Clare and it says they do not deliver in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭zell12

What is the mark-up % on products?
    Will i get a e10 coupon if I spend e50?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

MickH503 wrote: »
    What areas do they cover? Just tried my parent's address in Clare and it says they do not deliver in that area.

You need to check it on the app if its covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

zell12 wrote: »

It’s around 10% but it depends. Not bad considering we’re in a pandemic in my opinion. You don’t even need to spend €50, I got the €10 off when I spent less but can’t remember what’s the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

MickH503 wrote: »
    Dublin and Cork only by the looks of it:
    https://intercom.help/buymietechnology/en/articles/1935978-where-does-buymie-deliver-in-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The title is misleading. They only waive the delivery fee, the 5.75% service fee for Dunnes Stores and 1€ platform fee still apply. Only the delivery charge is waved.

At least according to the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

zell12 wrote: »

My parents used it, mother thought it was great, father was not impressed with a lack of receipt and lack of vouchers (dont know if the no receipt thing is a policy? maybe it is if they add a percentage onto the cost of products. Checked the costs on their website there listed below...
    PRICE AND PAYMENT
    All individual item prices displayed in the app, are estimated and individual item prices displayed in all stores excluding ( Lidl 13.75%) & Dunnes Stores ( 5.75%) are inclusive of the Buymie Platform service fee (15.75%). Listed prices on our platform are indicative and your total cart value is an estimated amount only. For each order, your payment card may be charged twice, the first on the estimated grocery value, the second on the delivery fee, the Buymie processing fee and any price difference that the shopper may update at the final checkout if any. Item price may change due to the difference between the item price listed on our platform and in-store price, and/or if a Substitute Product commands a higher or lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

buymie fees are madness. it works out cheaper for me to get a taxi to and from the Lidl than use buymie to purchase a basket of 100 euro.

so this is a bargain alert with an asterix!

buymie fees are madness. it works out cheaper for me to get a taxi to and from the Lidl than use buymie to purchase a basket of 100 euro.

I totally get what you’re saying but remember we’re in a pandemic. Do you really want to be getting a taxi AND going in to a shop full of people to save a few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

realistically its not that bad from what I can see...

€100 shop in Lidl+ 13.75% + €4.99 Delivery (free for dunnes) = €118.74 total
    You'd not get a taxi there and back for €18.74 in Dublin anyway!

The down side really comes with Dunnes when you cant use 2x€10 vouchers on the €100 euro shop

Edit - thats only free delivery for dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

Doop wrote: »
    The down side really comes with Dunnes when you cant use 2x€10 vouchers on the €100 euro shop
    I wonder what's happening to the vouchers. Does the company keep and use them? Is it a lucrative bonus for the shopper?

steve-o wrote: »
    I wonder what's happening to the vouchers. Does the company keep and use them? Is is a lucrative bonus for the shopper?

Haha that’s a good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It can add up but you've got to remember somebody has to go into the supermarket and do your shopping for you. Minimum wage is 10.10 an hour so Id imagine a lot of the fees are going towards paying that to the employee who picks the shopping and then delivers it to your door.

At the other end of the shop and delivery spectrum is Tesco who subsidise the whole operation. In the past Ive ordered 60 quid worth of shopping and the delivery cost was as low as 3 euro. Which is incredible value really for someone to pick out all the items and then for the van to go on an almost 30km round trip to deliver it to me. If I did it myself the whole operation from start to finish would take slightly over 2 hours to get there do the shopping and get back again. So 3 euro delivery is a total bargain and a big time saver for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It can add up but you've got to remember somebody has to go into the supermarket and do your shopping for you. Minimum wage is 10.10 an hour so Id imagine a lot of the fees are going towards paying that to the employee who picks the shopping and then delivers it to your door.

At the other end of the shop and delivery spectrum is Tesco who subsidise the whole operation. In the past Ive ordered 60 quid worth of shopping and the delivery cost was as low as 3 euro. Which is incredible value really for someone to pick out all the items and then for the van to go on an almost 30km round trip to deliver it to me. If I did it myself the whole operation from start to finish would take slightly over 2 hours to get there do the shopping and get back again. So 3 euro delivery is a total bargain and a big time saver for myself.

And even the delivery charge is waived for pensioners, I'm not a big fan of Tesco as a company, nor the relative poor value and product range of Tesco Ireland vs Tesco UK but the cheap/free home delivery is a vey good deal.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Agree with this 100% and I'm not fan of Tesco. The entry of aldi/lidl to the home delivery market has shown just how costly a service it is to provide. I would also say Supervalu is a great delivery option and much more widely available

Agree with this 100% and I'm not fan of Tesco. The entry of aldi/lidl to the home delivery market has shown just how costly a service it is to provide. I would also say Supervalu is a great delivery option and much more widely available

I’ve never used supervalu for home deliveries is it easy to get slots?

At the other end of the shop and delivery spectrum is Tesco who subsidise the whole operation. In the past Ive ordered 60 quid worth of shopping and the delivery cost was as low as 3 euro. .

no you are absolutely correct. this is a bargain alerts forum, and i was making the point tesco will deliver for a flat fee, as will supervalu. the fee varies - but it is between €3 and €8 from those suppliers. And they dont charge you more for buying more. i don't dispute the cost of providing the service, i am highlighting the less that obvious disparity of the pricing model employed by buymie.

Buymie wanted 20 euro approx for a 100 euro shop and i can get a taxi to lidl and back for €10 each way - even though this was disputed by someone who doesnt know me earlier.

I think that if buymie are charging multiples of what tesco and supervalu charge, literally (in my case) it was 2.5x - 7x times more of a delivery charge to provide a similar service this should be highlighted.

I think buymie are not overly transparent about the different charges. There should be one summarised charge and it should be prominent. What really got me was when i contemplated doing my big christmas shop with Lidl via buymie. That is because their pricing model is different that the others - it increases as you buy more. Yet the retailer makes more profit as you spend more. As does the personal shopper.

So everyone wins except the consumer when you shop via buymie. It is the opposite with tesco/supervalu, as you save more if you use the multibuy savings & special offers , & buy one bigger shop less often. that way the delivery charge is static even if you buy more, the consumer can make good savings.

What you're saying is all well and good but it isn't really relevant as this thread is about Dunnes Stores and not Lidl. If you want to do that same €100 shop in Dunnes Stores it will cost 5.75% + €1 + free delivery = €6.75 extra, which is much cheaper than a return taxi no matter where you are. That's why it's a bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Filled my Dunnes basket on buyme last night. Service fee 6.76 (order was between 30 and 40 euro). Went over to Tesco and got those items and more to meet the 30 euro minimum (Tesco much cheaper) and got delivery for €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Caranica wrote: »
    Filled my Dunnes basket on buyme last night. Service fee 6.76 (order was between 30 and 40 euro). Went over to Tesco and got those items and more to meet the 30 euro minimum (Tesco much cheaper) and got delivery for €3.

You got same day delivery for €3?

Its booked out for weeks where I am

Caranica wrote: »

Buyme = delivery in 2 hours
    Tesco = next slot in 14 days

Lucky you having a Tesco slot next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You got same day delivery for €3?

Its booked out for weeks where I am

Next day. Did it last night, loads of slots available for today then next available slots are Wednesday

Lucky you, nothing before Tue 2nd Feb, even Amazon is quicker.

What you're saying is all well and good but it isn't really relevant as this thread is about Dunnes Stores and not Lidl. If you want to do that same €100 shop in Dunnes Stores it will cost 5.75% + €1 + free delivery = €6.75 extra, which is much cheaper than a return taxi no matter where you are. That's why it's a bargain alert.

that's well and good, but if someone who is less tech savvy buys from dunnes this week using buymie, then returns after the free qualifying period they will be hit with buymie's hidden charges.

My mum would be the kind of person i fear would be caught out by the stealthy and less transparent way the charges are applied.

You may be happy it is currently a bargain, that they charge the about the same as their competitors! After the special order period, they will jack up the pricing but will hope to retain a lot of the new business they attract.

that's well and good, but if someone who is less tech savvy buys from dunnes this week using buymie, then returns after the free qualifying period they will be hit with buymie's hidden charges.

No they wouldn't. The "hidden charges" are there this week too, it's only the delivery fee that isn't.

My mum would be the kind of person i fear would be caught out by the stealthy and less transparent way the charges are applied.

You may be happy it is currently a bargain, that they charge the about the same as their competitors! After the special order period, they will jack up the pricing but will hope to retain a lot of the new business they attract.

What hidden charges, on the confirmation page the charges are clearly called out before you even book a slot.

There is no jacking up the prices for Dunnes. The prices are the same as in store, all that is added (before you submit the order) is the 5.75% + €1 processing fee.

No Fees are waved, I called this out before, the Title is wrong, all that is waved is the delivery fee.

For the other stores the prices might be higher than in the store but for Dunnes that is not the case.

It's a valid bargain alert as the delivery fee is waived but the title should be really adjusted to reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Buyme = delivery in 2 hours
    Tesco = next slot in 14 days

Lucky you having a Tesco slot next day!

Really you got in 2 hours? Anytime ive used the app in Swords/Malahide area slots are visible but wont let me book. So i have to go further out 3/4/5 days. I see the marketing says delivery in an hour, but never got anywhere near that!

Really you got in 2 hours? Anytime ive used the app in Swords/Malahide area slots are visible but wont let me book. So i have to go further out 3/4/5 days. I see the marketing says delivery in an hour, but never got anywhere near that!

I used to live in Swords, I always managed to get slots the same day. Sometimes I was forced to request more than once.

Now in Cork I get them same day usualy without a problem, once there was nothing for 2 days but that was during the snow (well the inch that did fall).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nikki2021

Is there not a platform fee with buymie and what you pay upfront is an estimate and readjusted once you receive delivery?

Advertisement