Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The Ravens are going to have to let Jackson start throwing the ball if they're going to have a shot of winning this game.

That run on 3rd down was just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

threeball wrote: »
    Thats a fairly hefty breeze and those balls really catch the wind.

There’s always wind in the stadium in buffalo and kickers not of the calibre of Justin tucker make kicks there easily enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hope you didn't take the over :)

I'd like to see Baltimore let Jackson throw on this drive.

There does appear to be short gains available when the Bills are in a lot of cover 2, and play action could work well now that the Ravens have ran so much.

Take the short gains in the air and get a bit of balance going.

Having seen the goalposts rattling in the breeze...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭threeball

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There’s always wind in the stadium in buffalo and kickers not of the calibre of Justin tucker make kicks there easily enough.

Their own kicker just missed one and he kicks there every week

Ravens offence is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

DOINK! 😂

Their own kicker just missed one and he kicks there every week

I know and he kicks there eight weeks out of 16 not every week because no team plays 16 home games.

Another from Tucker.

I don't want to know what the earth has in store for us if Tucker misses three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭threeball

I know and he kicks there eight weeks out of 16 not every week because no team plays 16 home games.

So he does do any practice kicking on the weeks he's playing away from home? No wonder he's missing kicks

Okay the wind was blowing with tucker going by the flags on the top of posts behind him and he still doinked it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Was hoping for a bit of a shootout here. Disappointing so far but I think both defences will soften as adjustments are made.

Tucker has not looked right for a few weeks, injury? You’d put your lottery winnings on him to nail those normally

So he does do any practice kicking on the weeks he's playing away from home? No wonder he's missing kicks

Of course he does practice but unless the bills are unlike most teams in the league they don’t hold practice in their home stadiums during the season. I don’t know which team you support but you are getting overly defensive over the bills kicker.

I certainly wouldn't be sounding the death knell for Tucker just yet, but that's 6 misses in 7 games for him now.

So many good kickers have been lights out and then out of nowhere had a couple of big misses and that's been all she wrote.

At the very least it's concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I must say I'm shocked how many stupid mistakes there are tonight, between the kickers and botched snaps on both teams and just general lack of flow to what the teams are doing. The Packers would eat either of these teams for breakfast. Hope the Chiefs show something a little more promising.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't be sounding the death knell for Tucker just yet, but that's 6 misses in 7 games for him now.

So many good kickers have been lights out and then out of nowhere had a couple of big misses and that's been all she wrote.

At the very least it's concerning.

Could be playing through something. I’d expect him to be back to himself next season at latest.

Looks like the Ravens might finally have learned that rushing up the middle is not going to make a difference to Allen as he will just scramble to the outside.

The pressure needs to be coming off the edge to impact him.

Bills fans have been awesome.

If you didn't know any different, you would think the place was at full capacity!

Ravens FG so 3-3 at the half. I’m off to bed do enjoy the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

My main worry for the Chiefs is their inability to close out games. Even games where they were blowing away the opposition they end up hanging on in the end to win by a score. Eventually you'll get caught even if you are obviously better than everyone else. Maybe they step it up tomorrow. If they were playing anyone but the browns I think they could have been in serious bother.

I get your point, to me they've been toying with teams. Playing passive on both sides of the ball when up. Despite being within one score they didn't seem like they were struggling and scraping their way to wins, like for example the Seahawks seem to do every single year. Obviously a risk in the playoffs but I can see them upping their game now.
    Paleface wrote: »
    .... almost seems like their defence has declined....

Are we talking about the same Chiefs defense that went significantly behind in every game in the playoffs last year?

No point in dragging this out, we'll see how they look tomorrow. For now I stand by my disagreement that the odds at this stage are 'massively' against them and the bookies are on my side with them being also the bookies favourites to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ravens FG so 3-3 at the half. I’m off to bed do enjoy the second half.

You say this every week and then slink back! :D

Wow. Is it actually happening?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wow. Is it actually happening?

Is it that surprising?

Well yeah, it's still the Bills. :pac:

Bills are good and with Lamar being so limited as a passer....

Killer that Lamar is out, game over surely

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sliding doors moment.

Well done to the Bills. The far better team and that was a masterclass in coaching from Frazier especially who embarrassed his counterpart(s) throughout.

All things considered with that season I'd be happy enough with a playoff trip and a win during same if I were the Ravens. It was a bit of a disaster all round with the COVID mess and long losing streak.

Again I'll say that one big problem for Baltimore when they get to this level is that 90% of the time their opponents are going to have at least one elite receiver.

They haven't had one for a long, long time now and it is extremely debilitating when you get to the playoffs.

It's easier said than done and it's not as if they haven't tried especially in more recent years, but for example every team left in the playoffs all have at least one WR who is far superior to anything they have: Bills (Diggs), Browns (Beckham/Landry), Buccs (Evans), Packers (Adams), Chiefs (Hill), Saints (Thomas).

I would also be having a serious look at moving on from Greg Roman and pass game coordinator David Culley. Jackson is far from perfect, but he is more than good enough to win with and is not helped in any way by the offensive scheme.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

:rolleyes:

Advertisement