Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2021 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Just an FYI, I am declaring myself for the Royal Rumble.

Seems easy enough to get a spot

Mystery symbols showing up all over wwe social media

'P09?
    '3121??'

What the hell is that ?? Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's just a shame that it's lost its buzz, surprise entrants, wrestler debuts etc it's just stale now

Cotts72 wrote: »
    It's just a shame that it's lost its buzz, surprise entrants, wrestler debuts etc it's just stale now

Won't be the same without the live crowd. I doubt we will see any major debuts or surprise returns this year

Most possible in the women's rumble imo could be
    the return of Ronda and maybe a legend appearance by Lita or Trish

Mens surprise might be
    Edge returning again. Nothing going about WWE signing that Jay White guy or as talked about every rumble the CM Punk in ring return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Tessa Blanchard signed with WWE, could she be the surprise women's entrant?

I'm think Lacey and Ric will cost Charlotte continuing their feud, Lana to return to cost Nia so maybe the on fire Bliss to win the women's rumble :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Have 9 competitors from Smackdown Raw and NXT each. Each brand gets ones supriseentrant to represent their brand. Both female and male rosters.

Brand v brand Survivor series victories determines placing in the Rumble. Winner gets preferential numbers.

Entrants have to qualify, none of this declaring stuff.

That gives atleast 9 matches between 18 wrestlers on shows leading up. Gives show a direct purpose, helps with fueds before and after. Imagine if Orton was knocked out by Humberto and didnt qualify for the rumble. There is a story right there.

Orton could then get in as another brands wildcard.

Winner can decide which title he wants to go for in the end, of he chooses a different brand then the one he represents, the brand he is leaving gets a draft pick.

Everyone gets a purpose, a sporting dynamic os created where wins and losses count.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Tessa Blanchard signed with WWE, could she be the surprise women's entrant?

I'm think Lacey and Ric will cost Charlotte continuing their feud, Lana to return to cost Nia so maybe the on fire Bliss to win the women's rumble :p

Haven't heard much on tessa actually, Taya Valkyrie is officially done with impact also

Can't see Jay White going to wwe, I think they'd save his debut for fans if he did to get that mark out moment

A Week out think the winners will be

Rhea Ripley for the womens
    Braun Strowman for the men's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rhea doesn't need this, she's already gonna be a star. Give it to someone else, a surprise winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bianca to win the women's rumble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this on tonight?

Is this on tonight?

Nope next week

The past few years it was around his date

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nope next week

The past few years it was around his date

Excellent, thanks! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Excellent, thanks! :)

I thought it was on last Sunday but luckily a friend of mine told me a head of time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if Taya will be released from prison to take part in the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

I didn't even realise she was leaving Impact. Wonder if she does go to WWE will she be NXT bound though.

• Advertisement

Still a bit odd why they didn't leave Edges return as a surprise. Him winning the rumble would be great. Edge vs McIntyre or Reigns would be solid

Edge vs Goldberg tho ??? Christ

Still a bit odd why they didn't leave Edges return as a surprise. Him winning the rumble would be great. Edge vs McIntyre or Reigns would be solid

Battle of the spears at the grandest stage of all

Daniel Bryan and Belair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Battle of the spears at the grandest stage of all

Both would be gassed after 2 minutes and injured after 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Surprise this time would be nothing compared to last year which was one of the greatest of all time.. think it was actually a smart decision to announce he’s in it. Given the lack of fans, I doubt there’ll be any major surprises.

For the amount of talent on their books, they could stack the rumble from top to bottom with top talent but all too often they pepper in jobbers and had beens

• Advertisement

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Surprise this time would be nothing compared to last year which was one of the greatest of all time.. think it was actually a smart decision to announce he’s in it. Given the lack of fans, I doubt there’ll be any major surprises.

For the amount of talent on their books, they could stack the rumble from top to bottom with top talent but all too often they pepper in jobbers and had beens

I dunno my expectations are high due to it being the first year Pat Patterson won't be around so it may be done like a tribute to him along with this new Peacock deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Sirsok wrote: »
    I dunno my expectations are high due to it being the first year Pat Patterson won't be around so it may be done like a tribute to him along with this new Peacock deal

Peacock thang kicks off in March so maybe Fastlane will be more killer than filler.

Hey, hey, ho, ho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Every year I make a ridiculous rumble declaration, and the closest I've ever come to being right was two years ago (I predicted a trampoline designed like a pancake) so here it is.......

Firefly funhouse Bray wyatt appears, freaking everyone out, orton and him brawl away, match continues. Someone (possibly Keith Lee) thinks he's won, then boom, outta nowhere, orton dumps him, music plays, randy poses, then the fiend appears, sets the whole ring on fire and randy jumps over the top rope to avoid death.....

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Every year I make a ridiculous rumble declaration, and the closest I've ever come to being right was two years ago (I predicted a trampoline designed like a pancake) so here it is.......

Firefly funhouse Bray wyatt appears, freaking everyone out, orton and him brawl away, match continues. Someone (possibly Keith Lee) thinks he's won, then boom, outta nowhere, orton dumps him, music plays, randy poses, then the fiend appears, sets the whole ring on fire and randy jumps over the top rope to avoid death.....

I predict Walter to saunter out as no.1 throw exactly 29 chops, eliminate 29 other competitors via single chop.

5 star Melter rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

There's talk going around of WWE considering a finish they think is divisive. Basically a finish involving Wyatt. On one hand it's guaranteed to be awful if it involves him, on the other there's no obvious winner because they've failed to elevate anyone where you feel they should be the rightful winner.

When you hear divisive finish you have to imagine they're taking advantage of the fact there won't be fans in attendance and can mess with visual effects which means doubling down on Wyatt for sure I'd imagine. Having a Fiend character in the mens and womens division is so moronic.

Haven't looked at the odds this year I'd imagine they're all over the place. Maybe Edge could pull out a win but even that feels undeserved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's talk going around of WWE considering a finish they think is divisive. Basically a finish involving Wyatt. On one hand it's guaranteed to be awful if it involves him, on the other there's no obvious winner because they've failed to elevate anyone where you feel they should be the rightful winner.

Divisive finish... orton wins the rumble... by DQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton sets fire to the ring and murders all 29 of his opponents.

...in the women's rumble.

Orton sets fire to the ring and murders all 29 of his opponents.

Stop stealing my fire based finish ideas.....

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Divisive finish... orton wins the rumble... by DQ

No better again. The final 4 are in the ring The lights go out and when they come back on all 4 are outside the ring.

Vince announces the winner will be announced at Fastlane. (First “PPV” on peacock)

Loughc wrote: »
    No better again. The final 4 are in the ring The lights go out and when they come back on all 4 are outside the ring.

Vince announces the winner will be announced at Fastlane. (First “PPV” on peacock)

Or all on fire

Ridley wrote: »
    ...in the women's rumble.

Add to his collection...

9npx9hrkgyd61.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Or all on fire

The return of "Great Balls of Fire" PPV :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Add to his collection...
    ]

They have a fantastic Hall of Fame video tagline that they'll never use "regularly assaulted the women of the WWE Universe."

Final 4 predictions.

Men: Edge, Rollins, Orton, Big E. Winner: Rollins.

Women: Toni, Charlotte, Bianca, Rhea. Winner: Bianca.

Jesus Rollins only won in 2019, mind you he did enter my mind as well. I could see Edge or the Fiend unfortunately.

Women I think maybe Rhea but Bianca is a good shot alright.

ThePott wrote: »
    Jesus Rollins only won in 2019, mind you he did enter my mind as well. I could see Edge or the Fiend unfortunately.

Women I think maybe Rhea but Bianca is a good shot alright.

Did he?! I completely forgot that. I'll pick Edge then. He had his return last year and failed to win it. Having another return this year and failing to win it again would be silly.

Think Rollins could come back as a baby face

Shield vs Shield at mania

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did he?! I completely forgot that. I'll pick Edge then. He had his return last year and failed to win it. Having another return this year and failing to win it again would be silly.
    I had to look it up myself last night :D.
    Think Rollins will return as a babyface alright mainly because that Messiah stick was a deathsentence. Edge jumps out but I think that says more about the rest of the potential prospects than anything else. It does seem weird to announce his return if he's going to win though, would have been a much better moment returning unannounced and winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

ThePott wrote: »
    I had to look it up myself last night :D.
    Think Rollins will return as a babyface alright mainly because that Messiah stick was a deathsentence. Edge jumps out but I think that says more about the rest of the potential prospects than anything else. It does seem weird to announce his return if he's going to win though, would have been a much better moment returning unannounced and winning.

And on that basis... And in an effort to boost ratings... Cena return and win??

I did think Cena alright, heard some people suggest that since they are announcing who Number 30 is that there won't be a surprise in the Men's rumble so that made me think twice. Do they address the Firefly Fun House Match from last mania though? Assume he's going to be at this year's Mania though.

Suppose it would be hard to get 4 exact lifelike dummys of the final 4 guys and end the show with them flaming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the last couple weeks of Raw "Live" obviously being prerecorded in parts, I wonder if they will have prerecorded stuff at Royal Rumble

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the last couple weeks of Raw "Live" obviously being prerecorded in parts, I wonder if they will have prerecorded stuff at Royal Rumble

I'd bet large sums of money on it.

• Advertisement

Wish They'd just do winner gets #30/loser is #1 matches if the entrants must be announced ahead of the PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd honestly love to see Brock back to do what he did last year except this he he actually doesn't get eliminated and goes on to win putting out all the other 29 guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think they've missed a trick not having it on top of WWE headquarters, with people being eliminated if they're thrown off the roof

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anyone else think it would've been a lot more interesting to see Reigns against Adam Pearce for the title?

We know Reigns is winning regardless, but we've already seen him beat Owens multiple times. At least the Pearce match would've been something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

El Sueño wrote: »
    Anyone else think it would've been a lot more interesting to see Reigns against Adam Pearce for the title?

We know Reigns is winning regardless, but we've already seen him beat Owens multiple times. At least the Pearce match would've been something different.

Maybe Owens is winning but Roman wins the rumble and challenges McIntyre. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement