Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas 13th jan

Options
  • 13-01-2021 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Sunday's rescheduled card, some lovely racing.
    The lawlors looks a nice race, I wasnt going to have a bet in it but I have put a few bob on blue lord as I think he's overpriced at 4/1

Energumene was savage on the clock in gowran, it'll be interesting to see how he goes today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I really like Energumene although I'd love him even more if they decide to go up in trip for March!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Castlecomer

Any horse that has won its two races under rules by a combined 59 lengths needs serious consideration no matter who he faced and I wonder if the 13/8 available about Bob Olinger will tighten up before the off.

Yes the form is bare, as is that of Blue Lord. It took Blue Lord a while to get going when winning first time out in Punchestown in November and he is the obvious danger but will need to be top class to win today. In France he won gamely at Morlaix but that was a three runner race and again, hard to assess. Mullins said he thinks that a Grade 1 is the sort of level Blue Lord is up to so we will see how he goes today.

Ashdale Bob won nicely in a Grade 2 last time over 2m 4f but it's doubtful he has the outright class needed to trouble Bob Olinger today. The way the race developed that day suited him.

If you include his point (which he won by 15l) Bob Olinger will relish the trip and ground today. Ferny Hollow tapped him for toe last time over shorter and massive improvement is assured today with a step up in class. I do note that the race he won at Navan was not the most impressive time-wise but he did all he needed to. Today, well it's a nice race but a test I expect he will pass with flying colours, albeit probably not by very much from Blue Lord. I'd be surprised if anything else gets into the race at the business end.

Yeah Bob was always my Ballymore backup after Appreciate It, and with the latter almost certainly being a Supreme horse now I'm invested in Bob. I've topped up on him with the win today and in March special on Hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm beginning to think Blackbow is getting very backable at the prices.

They obviously fancy Energumene but he has beaten little and is highly rated because of a decent time lto. But 7s on Blackbow seems very big.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looks like a decent one but Shiskin beats it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

He’s done that nicely. Captain Guinness will be better on better ground though

Lovely round that. Still think 2m4 is his gig but Paul seems very sweet on him for 2 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Castlecomer

That went pretty much as it should have, despite running in snatches Bob Ollinger did more than enough. The best horse in the race though Blue Lord was so keen and if he settles next time, is a proper horse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Send Blue Lord to the supreme. Strongly run and will settle in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

The Mig wrote: »
    Send Blue Lord to the supreme. Strongly run and will settle in that!

33/1 nrnb paddys

forget that - 16/1 nrnb.

picked up 33/1 antepost on skybet post race. 25/1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

shishkin will have a race anyway , but i still think he wins comfortably enough

Advertisement