Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling and running miles go up 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »

I remarked on this to my better half at the weekend. The amount of female cyclists was amazing. Not PoBs but in all the gear with class bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    I remarked on this to my better half at the weekend. The amount of female cyclists was amazing. Not PoBs but in all the gear with class bikes.

but that observation would suggest only the rich get fitter i guess it would be much better if you saw more PoBs as you call them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

have seen a huge increase in kids and parents on bikes around me , admittedly rural mayo suits for kids cycling , and funny enough a lot of kids running in the woods with parents, 6 / 7 year olds upwards
    and a lot more just general people on ordinary bikes more so since sept than in the first lockdown

peter kern wrote: »
    but that observation would suggest only the rich get fitter i guess it would be much better if you saw more PoBs as you call them .

That would require me going somewhere....

I live near the mountains so the majority of cyclists I see are of the racing/training type.

I do the school run, which is a walk through a park to the school, and I go to Tesco :)

I cannot speak to the amount of women on bikes for the persons of commuting bar my wife who has dusted off her bike. And by that I mean has told me to fix it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

woody1 wrote: »
    have seen a huge increase in kids and parents on bikes around me , admittedly rural mayo suits for kids cycling , and funny enough a lot of kids running in the woods with parents, 6 / 7 year olds upwards
    and a lot more just general people on ordinary bikes more so since sept than in the first lockdown

This was the best thing about lockdown 1.0...was seeing lots of kids/families out on the roads on bikes

@tunney/peter what is a PoB? :confused:

My running miles were down...and were all just plodding really. No real structure, endurance or speed. Cycling (on the turbo mostly) up...haven't swam since just after I had flu in February. Strangely don't even miss swimming.

• Advertisement

This was the best thing about lockdown 1.0...was seeing lots of kids/families out on the roads on bikes

@tunney/peter what is a PoB? :confused:

My running miles were down...and were all just plodding really. No real structure, endurance or speed. Cycling (on the turbo mostly) up...haven't swam since just after I had flu in February. Strangely don't even miss swimming.

PoB : Person on a Bike

Advertisement