Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daytona 6th of december one of the best fields ever

Options
  • 03-12-2020 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCITB6kXrkXZBD9e_sHCVE1Q

you have to sign up and can watch free and i think it will be worth it .some very fast swimmer and good cyclists , some good swimmer with even more good cyclists and slower swimmer with some very good cyclists.
    apart from frodeno and blummefeld and the young portoguese moonshot. there is pretty much everybody there that should be
    female race has a few more missing but still extremly stong field

20 meter draft zone is going to make things more intersting
    price purse 1 .15 million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Will there be any issues with the 20m draft zone and the course being on 4km loops?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

joey100 wrote: »
    Will there be any issues with the 20m draft zone and the course being on 4km loops?

well there is always problems regardless how long the drafting zone is but fact is the watts saving in this race will be less than other races.

i would focus more on the positive that 20m is just fairer for the sport .

the other thing there is 20 cameras for the streaming ...

the problem will be if there is potentially 20 guys in a line and how do you pass.* i have not seen how they addapted the passing rule as it obviously needs to be longer .
    i dont see an problem with lapped athletes as the track is wide and its not usually a problem in track running. so i would assume athletes about to get lapped just move out of the fastest path.

kienle seems to think he could get on the podium with a 3.15 k run that would mean he thinks the strongest cyclists can break the runners
    as you would think the fastest runners are going to go 3.05 07 k pace

we have to see ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Very well produced event. Good information on screen so easy to follow positions, etc. Looks like Iden about to run away with the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

EC1000 wrote: »
    Very well produced event. Good information on screen so easy to follow positions, etc. Looks like Iden about to run away with the win.

the male race was so good that the 2 useless male commentators just went to the background
    as for haugs drafitng penality its hard to say everytime when she was in the screen she was super clean. at the same time she did say she could not pass in time . i think they needed to use the track wider not just one line there was enough room to go out of the draft box sideways.
    in the male race they should have more penalties and they should have come up to luis and johnny much earlier.
    but i thought the male race was class
    and findlay was outstanding and totally deserved to win

Advertisement