Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veg

Options
  • 24-05-2019 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hi. I planted some veg from seed at the end of March. Some of it sprouted fine and is doing well, parsnips, courgette, onion, broccoli and beetroot. But here's no sign yet of the carrots (well 2 seeds have sprouted), spring onion and cauliflower I planted. The seeds were the remains of packs I bought in 2018. Do i just need more patience or am I as well getting new seeds and replanting. Sunlight wouldn't be an issue, they are in areas of good sunlight and seeds in the same area have sprouted.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hi. I planted some veg from seed at the end of March. Some of it sprouted fine and is doing well, parsnips, courgette, onion, broccoli and beetroot. But here's no sign yet of the carrots (well 2 seeds have sprouted), spring onion and cauliflower I planted. The seeds were the remains of packs I bought in 2018. Do i just need more patience or am I as well getting new seeds and replanting. Sunlight wouldn't be an issue, they are in areas of good sunlight and seeds in the same area have sprouted.

Are they getting water? It's been very dry, seeds need moisture in the soil to germinate.

Advertisement