Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE going to BT Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Well that will be the end of the line with the company for me.

I'm not taking out another subscription to follow such garbage. Roll on the Autumn and AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm not taking out another subscription to follow such garbage. Roll on the Autumn and AEW.
    Yeah, but with where AEW will be winding up (ITV4), how will us Irish lads get access to it without having to manually tune into the frequency on our Sky Boxes? I just hope that Virgin Media will pick them up in the meantime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Don't think you'll have to. Sky Sports are carrying BT from August:

Corporate Linkymajig

Means I don't have to hold onto eir broadband anymore either thanks be to Christ. Only reason I haven't switched is to keep the BT package for UFC and Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Necro wrote: »

Corporate Linkymajig

Means I don't have to hold onto eir broadband anymore either thanks be to Christ. Only reason I haven't switched is to keep the BT package for UFC and Champions League
    **** sake!

I can't get sky here where I live. I have BT sports with Eir however. Haven't seen Raw or Smackdown in about 5 yrs at this stage

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    **** sake!

I can't get sky here where I live. I have BT sports with Eir however. Haven't seen Raw or Smackdown in about 5 yrs at this stage

Not sure what's happening with eir and BT tbh. It's a pain in the hole there's so many sports channels nowadays (and most of them are sh1te)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Corporate Linkymajig

Any idea does that affect the Irish deal and BT Sport coming with Eir Sport?

It says that service would be available early 2019, I'm still watching BT Sport on my phone through the Eir Sport app

If Eir retain BT Sports for Ireland then it will be very handy for anyone with Eir broadband and the more the better on it

gerry, have you tried NOW TV? I don't think you need to be linked up to Sky satellite for that. Might be a bit pricey though, I don't use it as I have Sky currently.

It says that service would be available early 2019, I'm still watching BT Sport on my phone through the Eir Sport app

If Eir retain BT Sports for Ireland then it will be very handy for anyone with Eir broadband and the more the better on it

I don't honestly know, it's supposed to begin with Premier League in August.

This is the best I can find on it from the Irish Times:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't honestly know, it's supposed to begin with Premier League in August.

This is the best I can find on it from the Irish Times:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

Never even heard of it changing in the first place so just surprised to see it

With the price of Sky these days it would be madness to take out just for WWE, and I read they're going to stop putting so much on youtube to increase ratings, only logical solution is to go ahoy matey

Makes you appreciate how good of value the network is, and amazing that it hasn't had a price increase either unlike Netflix which is up every year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Haven't seen Raw or Smackdown in about 5 yrs at this stage

You haven't missed out on much :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Corporate Linkymajig

You'll still need to subscribe to BT. Just now you can/have to do it via Sky.

Sky are just handling the selling of it from now on

EIR won't have BT anymore, finishes in July. You need to subscribe to it with sky.

BT charge £30/pm in the UK to non BT customers, so could be similar here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nothing has be confirmed that it is going to BT so just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've been thinking about this and Sky losing the rights to BT.

Sky is now owned by Comcast who own the USA Network and paid 2 billion for TV rights in America any chance they have had enough of giving Vince money for dimisinging viewers and they would have seen the viewing numbers for the WWE on Sky and were quiet happen to let someone else have the rights instead of paying Vince more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That’s a BIG hole for Sky to fill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

man sky really have only get the football and NBA everything else is slipping away

sky and wwe thats like my childhood there

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

BT charging extra for the PPVs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sky88 wrote: »
    man sky really have only get the football and NBA everything else is slipping away

sky and wwe thats like my childhood there

Some football.. BT have a good chunk of the PL now and ALL the champions league

Officer999 wrote: »
    BT charging extra for the PPVs??

i think sky still do that just with the network theres no real point in buying them as its cheaper just to get network for a month

They still have the NFL & the Darts I think???
    Golf & Cricket too....not that I watch them.
    Not quite rte bad who have lost basically everything. Rugby (6 Nations, Pro 14 & World Cup), premier league highlights, boxing, some GAA, most Champions League games(including the final), Irish friendlies & half of basically any International football tournament still we got Darcy & Tubridy on mountains of cash :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Handy to know when ringing sky for a discount on the sports package. Don't watch wwe anymore but I'll tell them I'm a big fan.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Handy to know when ringing sky for a discount on the sports package. Don't watch wwe anymore but I'll tell them I'm a big fan.

They'll call you out on that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was it ever officially confirmed that BT was leaving the Eir Sport package, I can see nothing online about it except for a few articles months ago saying it was a possibility it could happen and the Eir rep ( yeah they are usually useless ) knew nothing about it.

Anyone know if this move to BT will affect the viewing of PPVs on the WWE network.

I remember when BT took over the viewing rights for the UFC in UK and Ireland a few years ago and main events were then blacked out on the UFC Fightpass service. I hope this does not happen with the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone know if this move to BT will affect the viewing of PPVs on the WWE network.

I remember when BT took over the viewing rights for the UFC in UK and Ireland a few years ago and main events were then blacked out on the UFC Fightpass service. I hope this does not happen with the network.

Highly unlikely. There would be uproar and mass network cancellations from Irish/UK fans if they blocked PPVs for BT's benefit and they don't want to give AEW any momentum as they will be on ITV soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I may get back on schedule as I am 4 weeks behind watching legally through the network and not having sky

Xenji wrote: »
    Was it ever officially confirmed that BT was leaving the Eir Sport package, I can see nothing online about it except for a few articles months ago saying it was a possibility it could happen and the Eir rep ( yeah they are usually useless ) knew nothing about it.

Hopefully not!.

We can't get Sky at home, but have Eir TV

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hopefully not!.

We can't get Sky at home, but have Eir TV

i think it is gone from eir tv you can only get it with virgin media sky now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BT Sport is not on Virgin Media in Ireland. That however could change when Sky take over the wholesaling of the channels but anyone with free BT Sport via Eir will almost certainly lose free access to them.

• Advertisement

Its still there currently

Advertisement