Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 -Cork City- Where to watch?

• 28-04-2019 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Hope your well.

Id like to go out today in Cork city and watch the F1 (if possible)

Does anyone know if anywhere normally has it on (with the sound on too) / don't like the idea of watching it without the sound :(

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

wally1990 wrote: »
    Hi all

Hope your well.

Id like to go out today in Cork city and watch the F1 (if possible)

Does anyone know if anywhere normally has it on (with the sound on too) / don't like the idea of watching it without the sound :(

Thanks all

Here I was thinking I missed something and F1 was going to come to Ireland. Only seen the highlights myself. Nothing great and very boring.

So did you have any luck finding somewhere to watch it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

AMKC wrote: »
    Here I was thinking I missed something and F1 was going to come to Ireland. Only seen the highlights myself. Nothing great and very boring.

So did you have any luck finding somewhere to watch it?

I went to the woolshed bar and grill.

There was 4 people watching it in total.(bearing in mind there was about 25 in the whole pub)

They had it on the downstairs TV with no sound because the Leeds villa game was on the main screens and over the speakers. (which is completely fine)

However when the game finished the sound in the main bar stopped so I thought now is my chance to politely ask would the barman mind throwing the speaker or the TV itself (right next to our TV) on so we could hear the commentary and he outright said no. (they was nobody even near our side of the bar)

We watch the race then with no sound at all and the speaker was never even turned on at all so I was annoyed by that. (I understand when the main sports/games were on) or if he was going putting another game on but in the end it wasn't used at all.

The city game came on then after the race and speakers were turned back on.

Im just gonna stay at home in future. Could have least put it on for a bit of the race.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This is why having a phone with a built in remote control is great. Full control over the volume by yourself :D

Advertisement