Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden on A Roll

Options
  • 25-05-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this product online. Basically it is a template for a border. You follow the template and plant your plants. Then I discovered they dont deliver to Ireland. Does anyone know of a similar product available in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I dont know hiw to put in the link, it wont do it for me.

The name of the company is gardenonaroll.com

https://www.gardenonaroll.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Parcel wizard might work

Not really sure about delivering plants through somthing like this.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You could use the plant list and pictures to figure out the design and then buy locally.

Lumen wrote: »
    You could use the plant list and pictures to figure out the design and then buy locally.

No I would not be able to do that at all.

The whole idea of the template and the plants is that they are spaced out by size, colour, flowering times. All youn do is plant them through the paper. Its gardening for dummies and is a great idea if you are not plant savvy. Which im not.

If there was an option to buy the template and source the plants myself, id do that too, but there isnt.

I was w9ndering jf anyine heard of a simikar service being provided in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Talk to your local garden centre, might be willing to help you out if you're buying stock off them.

Maybe even get staff member to help you out on a nixer on their day off.

You'll pay a little more in a proper garden centre than a DIY store but the right advice is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Mount Venus Nursery do something like this but it seems pricey.

https://mountvenusnursery.com/diyschemes/

• Advertisement

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Mount Venus Nursery do something like this but it seems pricey.

https://mountvenusnursery.com/diyschemes/

Thanks a lot, that’s very like it. But the size is too big.

Its only for 2 small borders in the front so i mighht give them a ring or send them a mail.

It might be even be worth getting them to do the planting per sq m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

This forum is depressing. It doesn’t take long to get advice from your local horticulturalist at the garden center. The spacing of the plants is very easy to look up. About 5 minutes reading per plant would have you sorted in its care.

This is why AstroTurf sells. :(

Im asking for advice on something I am not an expert in on from people are experts.

Your comments are really most unhelpful and un necessary.

Sure if we were all experts in everything life would be just great.

If you are depresssed because someone is not a plant expert then theres clearly something bigger going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

anewme wrote: »
    Im asking for advice on something I am not an expert in on from people are experts.

If you are depresssed because someone is not a plant expert then theres clearly something bigger going on.
    Fair play to you Anewme!
    You could use Parcel Motel. They will provide you with a Northern Ireland address where they will receive your parcel and forward to their Dublin warehouse and then send out to the Parcel Motel of your choice. If your supplier has problems with an N.I. address, Addresspal will provide you with a 'mainland' UK address. I don't know about the latter's policy with oversize parcels, but Parcel Motel will handle them, but you must pick up at their nearest warehouse to you.

• Subscribers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

anewme wrote: »

I am like yourself, just recently moved and would now like to get into the gardening a bit more. I'm happy cutting stuff back and keeping the place tidy but when it comes to planting or choosing, it's a lot to take in, there's a lot to think about for someone that doesn't know what they're at.

I sent an email with a few photos of beds and my ideas to Johnstown Garden Centre. I couldn't believe the response I got.. the level of detail in the suggestions that came back was way more than what I was expecting, such as how to mix a few structural shrubs in with some perennials and where best to place them by height, what might work for the layout of my beds etc... how to divide and propogate etc, very helpful. She linked me to a few websites for info, such as the www.rhs.org.uk

I bought a pile of plants off them and am just waiting on them to be delivered. I'll probably make a butchers job of placing them but at least I'll learn the hard way :D

zippy84 wrote: »
    I am like yourself, just recently moved and would now like to get into the gardening a bit more. I'm happy cutting stuff back and keeping the place tidy but when it comes to planting or choosing, it's a lot to take in, there's a lot to think about for someone that doesn't know what they're at.

I sent an email with a few photos of beds and my ideas to Johnstown Garden Centre. I couldn't believe the response I got.. the level of detail in the suggestions that came back was way more than what I was expecting, such as how to mix a few structural shrubs in with some perennials and where best to place them by height, what might work for the layout of my beds etc... how to divide and propogate etc, very helpful. She linked me to a few websites for info, such as the www.rhs.org.uk

I bought a pile of plants off them and am just waiting on them to be delivered. I'll probably make a butchers job of placing them but at least I'll learn the hard way :D

Thats great. Thanks a lot.

I was actually thinking of taking my measurements and some photos and going to Johnstown myself as I live fairly close to there. They are really two tiny areas.

I would prefer if someone with experience gave me the ideas and layout and like yourself, I am happy to maintain myself and think I'd do ok.

It can work out expensive to fill a plant bed, so I'd like to get it right first time.

Advertisement