Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regrowing grass over solid soil

Options
  • 25-05-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I have a spot in the garden which had been covered by a kids play gym. The ground was solid soul, no grass since I've removed it.

I dug it up a bit and have out horticultural sand over my entire garden. In the patch with no grass I put some top soil over the sand and some grass seeds.

Two weeks later, the top soil has gone into the ground and the sand is more exposed. Not any grass growth.

Furthermore my cat treats the sand like an executive bathroom so regularly cleaning up that.

Any suggestions to get the grass growing?

EDIT: added a pic
    IMG_20190524_194925.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There could not have been much soil for it to 'go into the sand'. I think you need to scrape off the sand till you can see soil, then loosen the soil a bit, if only by jabbing a fork into it several inches to loosen it up a bit. Then put more topsoil on it and seed again.

Advertisement