Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow v Ulster match thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's the 50. Wow.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Players need to hang their heads in shame after this. No fight whatsoever, never looked interested.

I’ve become desensitised to it all at this stage, given how often Ulster let us down when it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm very impressed with Adam Hastings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

vienne86 wrote: »

Think he’s excellent too, has gotten better and better all season. Can see him usurping Russell in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

It says a lot about the league that a team this **** can get to the semi final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

What a disappointing end to what was a turnaround season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

vienne86 wrote: »

He will be better than Russell and he doesn't appear to have Russell's tendency to blow up

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    It says a lot about the league that a team this **** can get to the semi final

Ulster have had a good season, but this is disgraceful.

Thank goodness that's over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Woeful and gutless. If Connacht had got to that semi, they wouldn't have capitulated like the Ulster Turnstiles did. Away from the baying Ravenhill Mob, Ulster are a very ordinary outfit.

• Advertisement

A 70 point thriller.

Squatter wrote: »
    Woeful and gutless. If Connacht had got to that semi, they wouldn't have capitulated like the Ulster Turnstiles did. Away from the baying Ravenhill Mob, Ulster are a very ordinary outfit.

Thanks for your input.

Ulster did win a number of big away games this season (Leicester, Scarlets in Europe, Edinburgh and the Ospreys in the league) and almost beat Leinster in the QF away from home.

We'll never know how Connacht would have done because they weren't good enough to get to the semi finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Good job its not a close game cos lacey has no control over it

He was dreadful. His last ever Pro 14 game too, presumably. A poor ending to a reasonable career as a whistler.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hard to know what to say after that. Way beyond disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I feel really bad for the Ulster fans that went over.

That was just atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I know people wont want to hear it now but I think Ulster really improved this year on previous years.

Its tough when the last game of the season goes as bad as that did, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth over the summer.

you need to look at the season overall and I don't think Ulster can be too disappointed with the season

Shall we just agree that the season ended after the Connacht game? Tonight never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    Shall we just agree that the season ended after the Connacht game? Tonight never happened

I was at a beer festival with no TV screens, so I can indeed confirm that no rugby game occurred this evening. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

troyzer wrote: »
    I feel really bad for the Ulster fans that went over.

That was just atrocious.

Never turned up at all.They looked really good against Connacht but again it was at home. I think home advantage was the winning of that game. Dreadful today though.

• Advertisement

Snowed under in work and not paying as much attention to the rugby as a result, honestly thought this game was today so disappointed to have missed it until I saw the score.

Gutted. I honestly thought Ulster were going to win the whole thing this year - looked like men on a mission the latter half of the season.

That's a really poor result and they'll wear that all summer. Something gone wrong in the build up?

Snowed under in work and not paying as much attention to the rugby as a result, honestly thought this game was today so disappointed to have missed it until I saw the score.

Gutted. I honestly thought Ulster were going to win the whole thing this year - looked like men on a mission the latter half of the season.

That's a really poor result and they'll wear that all summer. Something gone wrong in the build up?
    Players just didn’t look up for it.

Henderson and Stockdale with some of their worst ever performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

The teamwork evident against Leinster in the Aviva was completely absent. In the Aviva game they worked as a synced unit. last night they looked like strangers, each doing their bit but alone.

On another note, young Lowry may have the talent - I'm still dubious, I've seen lots of school boy 'stars' who fall at the senior hurdle - - but he is out of his depth when up against the big boys at the moment. When cornered he always loses the ball or gives away a penalty because a miniature Chihuahua could rag doll him. As a defensive full back at this level he is non existent. His positioning is awful, his awareness is poor and he couldn't catch a cold. Maybe his 'talent' will make up for it in the end. The young ones with real class are Lyttle and Baloucoune.

jacothelad wrote: »
    The teamwork evident against Leinster in the Aviva was completely absent. In the Aviva game they worked as a synced unit. last night they looked like strangers, each doing their bit but alone.

On another note, young Lowry may have the talent - I'm still dubious, I've seen lots of school boy 'stars' who fall at the senior hurdle - - but he is out of his depth when up against the big boys at the moment. When cornered he always loses the ball or gives away a penalty because a miniature Chihuahua could rag doll him. As a defensive full back at this level he is non existent. His positioning is awful, his awareness is poor and he couldn't catch a cold. Maybe his 'talent' will make up for it in the end. The young ones with real class are Lyttle and Baloucoune.

Admit it Jaco, you're just jealous that Lowry is an Inst man!

It was a really poor performance and unfortuantely has left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth at the end of an otherwise really impressive season.

We're still on the right track as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

bilston wrote: »
    Admit it Jaco, you're just jealous that Lowry is an Inst man!

One of many players from Inst who have I think provided more players for Ireland than any other school. It's a shame Instonians as a club is in decline. It is strange that MCB produce good teams but historically, not many internationals over the years. When I was at MCB Roger Young went on the play for Ireland and the Lions. I think the next MCB graduate to play for Ireland was Paul Kennedy or Niall Malone.

I really hope Lowry makes it but no matter what is said about his stature, it really does matter. If he was built like Grant Batty or Dominici it wouldn't be an issue but he isn't. Apart from getting brutalized and losing the ball over and over again, he is also in physical danger. He is courageous but that alone isn't enough. I suspect that during his childhood the medical use of HGH could have been sensible.

jacothelad wrote: »

Yea Lowry was very poor.

Whole back three was poor.

And how many times did Glasgow create an easy overlap out wide due to the defensive system failing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ulster have exceeded all expectations this season.

Nobody expected them to get out of group. Nobody really expected they would get into the semi's.

Glasgow are a good team and extremely good at home.

They had a bad day but in reality the season is a huge success and they have made some clever signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Sad to see Rory Best play his last club game ever in such a crushing defeat. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement