Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Phone Book

Options
  • 20-03-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Would anyone know where I could find an old Irish phone book for the Dublin area circa 1983? Or even access one, online or elsewhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would imagine that Pearse Street Library has the best chance of having one - I have actually consulted a relatively old Golden Pages there for research before.

One thing to note when looking is that the phonebook wasn't as regionalised back then, so the Dublin book was just called "Part 1" until maybe 1990; before then there were only two regions. The huge increase in phone subscribers in the late 80s to mid 90s. They listed mobiles until the early 1990s which is... odd to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

Thank you, I'm very grateful to you, L1011, and I'll take your advice and look in Pearse Street Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

Thank you very much for the reply - now why didn't I think of that? I really appreciate your advice and will follow it asap :D .
    Actually, a message told me the previous reply was unacceptably short, and couldn't be posted - hence the two replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fozzy1

Hello Virino , did you ever find the old Dublin phone books at the Pearse St. Library ??? . . Thanks.

Advertisement