Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New radar detectors on Garda cars?

Options
  • 21-02-2019 7:37pm

Hey guys,

I am just wondering, I was driving up the M4 and saw a Garda Traffic corps car I think it was their Hyundai’s i30. But, I saw two black boxes on either side of the C/D pillars on the rear of the car it seems like a camera and a sensor. Do the new versions of these cars have radar detection on-board?

Thanks,

Spendy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

What you probably seen was the anpr camera in back window reading reg plates.

They don't have much interest in detecting radar.

Probably an i40. They have the sensors on the roof of some of them. The new Tucson SUVs have new sensors on them too.

foreign wrote: »
    Probably an i40. They have the sensors on the roof of some of them. The new Tucson SUVs have new sensors on them too.

Are they speed detectors or ANPR cameras?

Are they speed detectors or ANPR cameras?

ANPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Definitely not an i30.

They can catch speed on them from the front using the recording.

There is a 2015 one going around Dublin city with the unit in the rear window and nothing on the outside.

Rear bumper is in bits too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement