Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing order/cross overs between the shows

Options
  • 19-05-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

I’ve seen season 1 to 7 of The Walking Dead but I haven’t seen Fear the Walking Dead yet. I recall from it first came out that it was a prequel. I know that Lennie James is now in the cast which suggests Fear takes place over the same time period as the main show.

Is there any other crossovers between the two shows besides Lennie James?

Should I watch Season 8 before starting Fear or does it matter?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The first cross over happens between the end of The Walking Dead S8 and the start of Fear S4. So you can watch the first 3 seasons of Fear as there is no cross over but make sure you have seen the end of season 8 of walking dead before starting the 4th Fear season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Thank you

I’m posting here so as to avoid any spoilers in more specific threads.

I’m halfway through Season 2 of Fear - Daniel has set fire to the Abigail estate and Nick has separated from the rest of the group.

The level of violence and gore seems much lower than The Walking Dead. There is no blood splattered on the characters after a fight with zombies. Rick and his group are constantly soaked.

Does Fear need to downplay the gore for some reason?

I was expecting this to show more about the collapse of society but I like a road trip and that the more places they go the more they learn what the world is like.

I'm still at the same point in season 2.

Why is no-one worried about infection?

Early in The Walking Dead the characters used to take great care to avoid getting blood and gunk on themselves until they found out everyone is infected.

In Fear the Walking Dead (while there isn't a lot of blood splatter) no one seems to worry and Nick covers himself in zombie blood.

Advertisement