Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery lessons in Co. Tipperary

Options
  • 28-03-2009 1:36am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an archery club that will give lessons in the Thurles/Cashel/Clonmel/Cahir area.
    I want to gift an introductory course to my brother in the hope of introducing another convert to the religion.:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

Unfortunately there are no clubs in Tipperary but you could try the club in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

there was one in Cloheen I believe... Maybe some of the other members might frequent this forum.

http://www.3countiesarchers.net/

Check this crowd out, theres a phone No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rhood

Why dont you talk to Pat Lyons (vicepres@archery.ie) in the IAAA as he is going around with the other tutors training sports leaders. The IAAA also have coaches teaching archery in schools. Depending on where in Tipperary you are there are also people in Waterford looking for the same, why not get together and start a new club.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Thanks for all replies. Incidentally, I believe the Three Counties club is no more. I will be contacting the Kilkenny Archers.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tkenzer

Memori wrote: »
    Unfortunately there are no clubs in Tipperary but you could try the club in Kilkenny.

The kk club very good and welcoming.. Great bunch of people there!! Worth a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I believe there's now a club after starting up in Clonmel.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

greysides wrote: »
    I believe there's now a club after starting up in Clonmel.

There is. They had a float in the St Patricks day Parade and I got a flyer. They meet Wednesday from 7-9pm in the Clonmel Town FC hall.

Advertisement