Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Turf

Options
  • 28-03-2015 3:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Fado fado when money was scarce often resorted to smoking turf, it was not the worst when you acquired a taste for it, any one else sample it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tried that back in our school days. Myself and the brother. Turf mould from the bottom of the turf box in a Rizla paper. Didn't do it for us. Just tried it once.
    What we found a way better was tea leaves. From the tea caddy. Probably Lyons Green Label at the time. A spoon of tea leaves in a Rizla paper. And lit her up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

When I was younger, there was young lads where I lived smoking hog weed. I don't think they realised that it was nicotine in tobacco that people were after as opposed to just inhaling smoke. They'd break off the hollow stem of some hog weed, light one end, which would smoulder,and suck on the other end. Now that I think of it, none of them turned out to be too bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I know folks who have paid 20quid for a tiny piece of turf wrapped in tinfoil :eek: I smoked banana skins once or twice as a kid,the prodigy mentioned something about smoking them in an album sleeve (remember those?) so I suspect I wasn't the only one that tried it.I was about 13

Advertisement