Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned without warrant and mislabeling posts in Covid form.

Options
  • 08-12-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭

I received a ban for posting this news a few hours after it was published yesterday.

Moderator Note

All of your posts are taking a conspiracy theorist view, that is not permitted in this thread. Do not post here again

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
    The WHO is looking at infecting healthy people with Covid to speed up vaccine trials.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vaccine-trials

Isn't that flying in the face of the Nuremberg Code"

Nerco decided it was yet another conspiracy theory based on their own assumption it's ok to make healthy people sick deliberately they're wrong on that point.

The news story was never presented as a nonsense conspiracy theory as Nerco labelled it. it was just new news for discussion. Nobody got upset yet I was lumped in with the conspiracy theorists and banned instantly.

Nerco done the same with an article posted in Nature recently, again based on nothing only there own assumptions decided it was a conspiracy theory. Post here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058134257

Neither of these were conspiracy theories unless someone can show me differently. Bans definitely not warranted and I don't believe mod intervention was ever required.

I'll openly admit to getting a few slaps on the wrist in the covid forms and take my holidays as they come if fair but this carry on from Nerco is unwarranted. It feels more like a personal vendetta than fair modding.

I'd like the results of the Whuhan study moved back to it's proper place as it's not a conspiracy and the ban lifted from the covid form over posting the article from the Guardian yesterday as it's also not a conspiracy.

Thanks
    DM

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You picked up a yellow card and subsequent forum ban yesterday. The forum ban was for ignoring a threadban

Are you appealing one or both of the above card and forum ban, and have you attempted to resolve the relevant sanction(s) directly with the mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I did Beasty but I pm'd the mod on a ban from the Trump thread and they ignored my previous PM's hence I replied on the thread.

The crux of the issue here is me getting banned for posting "conspiracy nonsense" when it clearly isn't as it's all part of the conversation.

If something is fake news or whatever call it out but I didn't post anything fake.

You you know me Beasty I'll take a ban when I'm out of order, I think I've 2 current bans I could go back to you on and we'll sort it out. Leave me banned from the mask thread for my own well being but I'm probably good to be allowed post in the main thread again if I go back and ask you. You said come back to you after a week it's probably a month now but I'm happy enough to sit on the sidelines.

These particular bans are unwarranted though unless Nerco can back up there actually conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you amend the thread title Beasty and take Nerco's name out of it....was a little annoyed when I posted it, we don't need their name on it...

Sorry for using the gender neutral pronouns but not sure what Nerco is...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi drunkmonkey,

Can you clarify if you are appealing the one week ban or the yellow card both of which date from the 7th December.

Thanks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

drunkmonkey, if you don't respond over the next couple of days I'll mark this resolved

• Advertisement
Advertisement