Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education?

Options
  • 08-04-2021 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I am looking to avail of the Back to Education scheme but in a different subject from the level 7 I have now? I got the level 7 in 2013 and its Tourism and Hospitality centred so its definitely an 'industry in decline' which the website states is cause for exception of the rule that any courses must be above the level of your current qualification.

Just looking for advice on whether my application would be excepted or not?

Also do they know themselves whether you have a qualification or not? Is there a database or something for that sort of thing? Should I just omit it from my application as it was so long ago?

Any advice is welcome, Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 owenlynch1310

Hi,

I am also going to apply for back to education but do you know if it matters what college or university you are going back to? Also I doubt they have a database that shows your older qualifications but maybe its linked to your PPS. I have a level 8 and want to go back to do another level 8 so I am hoping that they won't notice that!

Advertisement