Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Programs in Ericsson - Software Vs Telecoms

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi All,
    I've applied to both the Telecoms and Software graduate programs in Ericssons. I'm wondering does anyone have any experience with either of them? In particular:

-whats the pay like in these positions? does it increase in the first few years?
    -does the telecoms programme pigeonhole you in telecoms or is there room to move within the company?

I feel like it might be better to stick with software as a more transferable skill (for travelling etc.)

Any help/opinions would be great :-) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Hi Molerat,

In terms of the telco versus software decision, I don't think you have to worry about being "stuck" if you pick a telecommunications speciality: Most core systems are using IP these days anyway, so you should find that your skills will transfer to a certain extent.

Also, in terms of being able to move within the company, it is a telecommunications company, so if you want to move around it's not going to be any more difficult if you pick that stream. Regardless, I think either one of these programs should set you up if you want to transfer, or move on to a different sector.

Best of luck with the application!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MoleRat

Thanks Briano, well I just got an email to say I wasnt eligible for the telecoms one :-( so thats that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the software dev job now! cheers

Advertisement