Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auburn heights Athlone

Options
  • 10-07-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello All,

Could you please share your thoughts about Auburn heights,Athlone ? I don’t understand why houses in Auburn heights are listed for a cheaper price when it is so close to Retreat park and Clonbrock court where the house prices are almost double ?

Any insights is much appreciated.

Thankyou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Hello All,

Could you please share your thoughts about Auburn heights,Athlone ? I don’t understand why houses in Auburn heights are listed for a cheaper price when it is so close to Retreat park and Clonbrock court where the house prices are almost double ?

Thankyou

AFAIK the houses are older, possibly not as well insulated. Also the hill there is a fudgker to go up or down.

That said, its a nice enough area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 silverfox2020

AFAIK the houses are older, possibly not as well insulated. Also the hill there is a fudgker to go up or down.

Ahh yes , the hills . Thankyou .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Grew up there.
    The houses are older as stated.
    Was a lovely place to grow up in the 80s and 90s.
    My mother still lives there.
    Its a quiet estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

If are walking or cycling , ya can kinda dodge the two hills a little by cutting through the lane where old Harry’s /Gills shop was and cut through to the old football pitch ?

If are walking or cycling , ya can kinda dodge the two hills a little by cutting through the lane where old Harry’s /Gills shop was and cut through to the old football pitch ?

Indeed you can.

• Advertisement

Indeed you can.

Does anyone play football on that green area anymore ? I know Auburn Heights FC / AC Celtic used it (and then Anco and now Tormey Villas) but is it used by the residents now ? Please don’t say houses were built on it .

Does anyone play football on that green area anymore ? I know Auburn Heights FC / AC Celtic used it (and then Anco and now Tormey Villas) but is it used by the residents now ? Please don’t say houses were built on it .

No houses.
    But I don't think a game of football has been played on it in possibly 20 year's.

Grew up there.
    The houses are older as stated.
    Was a lovely place to grow up in the 80s and 90s.
    My mother still lives there.
    Its a quiet estate.

Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Hello All,

Thankyou

Drive around both and you can see the difference, House on Left as you enter Auburn Heights (House is on Retreat Road) 1 Auburn Heights sold for 305k recently and it looks like it is being gutted , It is not typical of any of the other house in Auburn Heights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Humpty Dumpty Park. I remember there was a corner back up towards Retreat Park. When taking the a corner kick, I'm convinced that the ball was actually higher than the goal posts!!!! Great times though.

• Advertisement

Humpty Dumpty Park. I remember there was a corner back up towards Retreat Park. When taking the a corner kick, I'm convinced that the ball was actually higher than the goal posts!!!! Great times though.

It was..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not forgetting the manhole in the middle of the pitch too :)

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Not forgetting the manhole in the middle of the pitch too :)

Oh god the memories. Yes, the man hole ,that was a great spot for defenders to smash up the opposition

I recall there was a slight rise at that end of the pitch , great for chubby defenders to slow down the play lol

TimHorton wrote: »
    Drive around both and you can see the difference, House on Left as you enter Auburn Heights (House is on Retreat Road) 1 Auburn Heights sold for 305k recently and it looks like it is being gutted , It is not typical of any of the other house in Auburn Heights

Thankyou. Yes , I saw on daft when it came on the market , it used to be a lodge it seems ..

We saw one house at Auburn heights, it was ok-ish but it’s been in the market for a long time.. we were told different stories, one said it was haunted as 2 families who lived there died. Few said they were growing weeds in the garden, we also saw some shed and over grown garden ..

As of now, we dropped the plans to look out in Auburn heights.

Thankyou. Yes , I saw on daft when it came on the market , it used to be a lodge it seems ..

We saw one house at Auburn heights, it was ok-ish but it’s been in the market for a long time.. we were told different stories, one said it was haunted as 2 families who lived there died. Few said they were growing weeds in the garden, we also saw some shed and over grown garden ..

As of now, we dropped the plans to look out in Auburn heights.

Haunted eh?

Haunted eh?

Yep that’s what we were told. But they also told they were alcoholic .. probably they’d meant whoever lives there dies , not sure ..

Yep that’s what we were told. But they also told they were alcoholic .. probably they’d meant whoever lives there dies , not sure ..

What house number was it?
    Iff you'd rather not put it here, send me a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TragicJohnson

Everyone dies, does that mean every house is haunted?

Everyone dies, does that mean every house is haunted?

I agree to your point, terming a house haunted just because there were deaths is far fetched. I didn’t take that point seriously it looked more like a jealousy or neighbors who were in bad terms.

But my concern on that house was the shed and overgrown garden around it. it looked suspicious and the house has been in the market for over a year.

Advertisement