Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to a cancelled debit card?

Options
  • 14-09-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am due a refund from an online retailer but in the interim have had to cancel the card I made the purchase with.

Will the refund go to the bank account the card was linked to?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, I am due a refund from an online retailer but in the interim have had to cancel the card I made the purchase with.

Will the refund go to the bank account the card was linked to?

Thanks

Hi there

Thanks for the message.
    A refund should go through on your cancelled card information.

Thanks again
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Hi there I'm in the same situation. Did the refund go back into your account without any issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Paul_Mc1988,

This refund should go back into your account as normal. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if we can help any further. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Hi Paul_Mc1988,

This refund should go back into your account as normal. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if we can help any further. 

Thanks,
    Richard

Thanks Richard. I'll wait a week and see if it returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryano2003

Hi like Jeremy waffles I'm suppose to be getting a refund from an online site due to the incorrect amount being taken out of my bank account. I cancelled my bank card as they took the more money out then they were suppose to and I was worried they take more. There are issuing me a refund but I have cancelled the debit card as I said above will I still receive the refund into my bank account 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Ryano2003 wrote: »
    Hi like Jeremy waffles I'm suppose to be getting a refund from an online site due to the incorrect amount being taken out of my bank account. I cancelled my bank card as they took the more money out then they were suppose to and I was worried they take more. There are issuing me a refund but I have cancelled the debit card as I said above will I still receive the refund into my bank account 
    Hi Ryano2003,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

As mentioned above, the refund would still go into your account. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement