Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation in UL

Options
  • 07-07-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

any info on accommodation around UL i know the on-campus villages are very pricey and strict , was just wondering whats groody park like and what estates would normally be lived in by students down there that would not be too bad , im moving down from galway and dont mind a few parties but not every night type ****e as im 24 and kinda beyond the whole first year party every night craic but still like to go out any info appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Just to let you know, whilst on-campus villages are very pricey (still struggling to save money for my first payment here), they are in no way very strict. They are only strict with you if you are an absolute clown and attempt to damage property or are being a disturbance to not only one house but the whole village. When I was there in first year, I also found that they rarely shut down house parties unless they were 'booming' and let visitors in from all hours (my boyfriend or friends stayed with me almost every week with no problem - the staff just started to believe they lived there).

If you don't want an 'every night really loud' place, I would avoid Elm Park and College Court, living in Elm was my worst nightmare this semester and College Court - well it has a reputation.

Groody Park is pretty quiet and I think Briarfield is as well - along with Oak Lawns.

It's hard to say really though as wherever you go there will be students and it can get pretty rowdy on student nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maria.m12

Hey I'm starting UL in September and I'm a first year. I looking for a sharing accommodation with other first years, if anyone has a room that's available can you pls reply on this ASAP.
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jasonthelad

Hey!
    I am hoping to go to UL next semptember and im wondering which Campus would be the best to go to out of Dromroe, Kilmurry Plassey & Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hey! I am hoping to go to UL next semptember and im wondering which Campus would be the best to go to out of Dromroe, Kilmurry Plassey & Thomond.

It depends on what you want. Quite and close most buildings, with fairly decent houses and not overly priced (compared to cappa), I would go Dromroe. If you want more of a party scene with plenty of first years about, I would go Plassey or Kilmurry.

Thanks! Price wouldnt be one of my biggest worries.
    Mainly things like
    -Distance from Kemmy Business school and nearest off license.
    -Place to go if you dont really know anyone going to UL
    -And quality of houses.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Price wouldnt be one of my biggest worries. Mainly things like -Distance from Kemmy Business school and nearest off license. -Place to go if you dont really know anyone going to UL -And quality of houses.

Dromroe is closest to Kemmy, Plassey and Kilmurry would be fairly equal in terms of distance to off license and meeting other first years, and the more expensive the accommodation, the better the houses.

Needless to say so that Plassey would be the poorest quality housing.
    would dromroe and Kilmurry have strict security or is that just all speculation??

Needless to say so that Plassey would be the poorest quality housing. would dromroe and Kilmurry have strict security or is that just all speculation??

Dromroe is quite strict. Kilmurry isnt as strict. However, if you act the maggot, you will get a visit from security anyway, regardless of village. Kilmurry would be considerably less strict than Dromroe though. They tend to turn a blind eye to reasonably gatherings in Kilmurry up to about half 10. Only a few weeks ago, my boyfriend's house had security visit as they were playing a heated game of Mario Kart with the balcony door open.

Advertisement