Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics of solids 1

Options
  • 20-11-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

In the process of writing up the report for ME4213 and would greatly appreciate any advice from my fellow engineering boardsies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I should have my old one lying around somewhere.... Send me a pm if you want the layout etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Itchyrivers

Whats she on?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

It's to do with the relationship of young's modulus, shear modulus and poission's ratio for mild steel.have you done it before itchyrivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

i have done that module, just remember under 10 pages.... do not go over 10 pages he will not mark them. Also title page and table of contents count as pages....

(also i think thats this module but im not sure so.... i presume your in second year, with the lecturer who says you kill people when you get answers wrong...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 touraneenajames

Ah good ol Dr Stanley went 12 pages with that (conclusion obviously not marked) and I still have vivid memories of OMG scrawled across our report page in block capitals at some point. Also some spiral binding so he can read with a cup of coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oisin_t

Ah good ol Dr Stanley went 12 pages with that (conclusion obviously not marked) and I still have vivid memories of OMG scrawled across our report page in block capitals at some point. Also some spiral binding so he can read with a cup of coffee

man we spent so much time on that essay only to lose 4% (4% of the module grade!!) because we went like 2 pages over...we still did pretty good though...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RobertDowney15

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    I should have my old one lying around somewhere.... Send me a pm if you want the layout etc

Hey any chance you still have it? It's the same report 6 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Attention to detail, make sure you have units on your graphs, and that figures and tables are labelled correctly. Justify the text etc.

Advertisement