Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any difference in Gomo and eir?

Options
  • 27-04-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭

15 euro per month with Gomo and 30 euro for eir.

what is the difference? is there any benefits you get with eir that you don't get with Gomo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

pgj2015 wrote: »

what is the difference? is there any benefits you get with eir that you don't get with Gomo?

The difference is €15 per month.
    You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

You can get bundled deals with Eir. You can add mobiles for €9.99pm if you are in a position to bundle your mobile with broadband. Deal lasts for 12 months but if you call them after 12 months they will renew the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

How long does it usually take to get the Gomo sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

How long does it usually take to get the Gomo sim?

2-3 days.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To me it's still unclear if 5G is available on go mo. Anyone have any hard facts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannijuno

GoMo is an MVNO network which means "Mobile Virtual Network Operator" . Generally they are ok if you're in a good coverage area.

If you're nowhere near a big city or a town you will experience lower quality service as the master networks are always prioritised on technical resources etc. MVNOs are very prone to contention.

listermint wrote: »
    To me it's still unclear if 5G is available on go mo. Anyone have any hard facts ?

Only 48 will be getting 5G from the MVNO network for now. Have a look at the link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ireland_mobile_virtual_network_operators

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I’m in south county Dublin and have better coverage on GoMo than I did on 3.

I have also noticed that I’ve been on 5G on more than one occasion in certain locations.

GoMo is SIM only so as long as you either don’t need a new phone, or like me just buy SIM free, then it’s a no brainer. I moved back in the 9.99 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Just wondering - would a GoMo SIM work in a router locked to Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Yes

Advertisement