Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barley House Cork St Dublin 8

Options
  • 25-04-2021 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. Long shot, but considering buying an apartment in the Barley House Dublin 8. On the corner of Cork St and Marrowbone Lane.

I'm interested to know people's opinion of the area, but would be very interested to talk to someone who has specifically lived in that block.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lived nearby and used to walk past it a lot pre lockdown - you'd have a few groups of kids around the shop opposite it that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Grand, very central area, the only thing is that you don't really have a decent local but you're so close to town, you would hardly miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lux23 wrote: »
    Grand, very central area, the only thing is that you don't really have a decent local but you're so close to town, you would hardly miss it!

You'd walk to Fallons or Fourth Corner in 10 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Not a fan, myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

The area east of Cork St is rapidly gentrifying (if that word isn't considered offensive!). Effectively Portobello is expanding west. Walk around Oscar Square park and you'll see how many houses have been done up with nice cars outside etc. That has yet to expand past Cork St though in my opinion, so you're on the cusp there. Not that there is anything wrong with the people in Dolphin's Barn or Rialto, but it is noticeably more run down with more social issues on that side.

It could be a smart place to buy to be honest. It'll always rent well being so central and the gentrification effect will eventually drift over further west I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

OP sorry to resurrect an old thread. Did you end up buying? Have looked at that block myself recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, happy to move the chat to DMs if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SomeFellih

I'm also looking at that complex could I send you a message?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Advertisement