Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I see the TRNSMT lineup is out.
    180269283_1592531441087243_2058707607893150674_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=NI5vokj0sZMAX8z-iyy&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=fcfa77501695157be3ee8320adcdd465&oe=60B83E41

Has ian brown changed his mind on vaccinations then?

Courteneers, even in a pandemic starved time should never, ever be top of a festival band. Absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Weepsie wrote: »
    Has ian brown changed his mind on vaccinations then?

Courteneers, even in a pandemic starved time should never, ever be top of a festival band. Absolute muck.

Gotta concur. Caught them in their early days in a Manchester pub and they just sounded like Libertines-wannabees. Heard nothing since to persuade me they deserve much attention.

Having said that, if they headline an EP that goes ahead I'll be there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I got some notifications earlier on the Bandsintown app that Foals and Just Mustard announced for EP. Anyone know what the story is with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I got some notifications earlier on the Bandai town app that Foals and Just Mustard announced for EP. Anyone know what the story is with this?

Playing End Of The Road in September same weekend as EP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justmustard/status/1389933055960358917

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭rubick

Facebook reminding me that on this day in 2015 Viet Cong, Blur and Grace Jones were added to the line-up.
    Sorry, I know I'm not helping here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Grace Jones was unreal that year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I got some notifications earlier on the Bandsintown app that Foals and Just Mustard announced for EP. Anyone know what the story is with this?
    Both were on the 2020 lineup, which has been rolled over completely to 3rd Sept 2021 on BandsInTown, which is largely automated, so probably nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just seen the Doolin folk festival is sold out, it's probably of course due to reduced capacity but it has no lineup out yet so people are clearly mad for gigs. Any venue that has something on september or October will do well.

Can see Wild Roots selling out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Mucker46

everlast75 wrote: »

One of my favourite albums ever.

• Advertisement

This augurs well for festivals with the proviso that EP may be just too big. If people are allowed at sporting events (where there's alcohol sold or taken beforehand) then there's no basis for restricting outdoor music events. The timing of EP is also hugely in its favour.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-july-set-to-see-spectators-in-trial-return-to-sports-events-easing-of-indoor-dining-rules-1.4556508

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Silk Road asking to confirm if wanting to reserve tents for this year?
    Anyone else get that, or everyone else get that?
    Or is it any sort of confirmation that things may be going ahead? Or at the very least, that they have been told things might be going ahead, and to get their numbers?

A lot of wishful thinking there... maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

rubick wrote: »
    Facebook reminding me that on this day in 2015 Viet Cong, Blur and Grace Jones were added to the line-up.
    Sorry, I know I'm not helping here.

That Blur gig was an emotional one :o

That Blur gig was an emotional one :o

Loved it. A couple of pals weren't familiar with the Magic Whip stuff and weren't so keen on the gig. I thought they were superb. As ever.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Loved it. A couple of pals weren't familiar with the Magic Whip stuff and weren't so keen on the gig. I thought they were superb. As ever.

They were brilliant, it was my first proper time seeing the full set of theirs and they were one of the best headliners I can remember. Tender was a real spiritual experience, but my highlight was To the end.

Actually the whole setlist was mind-blowing!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2015/stradbally-hall-stradbally-ireland-3f7718b.html

endainoz wrote: »
    They were brilliant, it was my first proper time seeing the full set of theirs and they were one of the best headliners I can remember. Tender was a real spiritual experience, but my highlight was To the end.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2015/stradbally-hall-stradbally-ireland-3f7718b.html

Absolutely. I’ve been lucky enough to see them live 3 times, finishing with The Universal always gets me. So full of hope and after the year we’ve all had we could do with a bit.

https://youtu.be/dI-6-n-4Xok

And if you’ve more time...

https://youtu.be/h08dkp-Circ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Absolutely. I’ve been lucky enough to see them live 3 times, finishing with The Universal always gets me. So full of hope and after the year we’ve all had we could do with a bit.

https://youtu.be/dI-6-n-4Xok

And if you’ve more time...

https://youtu.be/h08dkp-Circ

Well now I know what my soundtrack to the drive home from work will be! Always epic live (but missed them in 2015 at EP).

Saw them first at Feile 95 in Cork. I think it was the first time they played Country house live (unverified). We met them in the fairground after as well...decent bunch of lads!

Edit: It wasn't the first time they played Country House according to setlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Grace Jones was unreal that year!!

She was class. Singing away while hula-hooping topless, covered in body paint.

Having some cider this evening for the first time since last summer. Might pull the camping chairs out and have a few in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    This augurs well for festivals with the proviso that EP may be just too big. If people are allowed at sporting events (where there's alcohol sold or taken beforehand) then there's no basis for restricting outdoor music events. The timing of EP is also hugely in its favour.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-july-set-to-see-spectators-in-trial-return-to-sports-events-easing-of-indoor-dining-rules-1.4556508

Sporting events are totally different. They will be reduced capacity (think 20/30%) with allocated seating and groups of no more than 6. I doubt Festival Republic will allow a reduced capacity EP to happen and I don't see a path from reduced capacity sporting events to full capacity outdoor music festivals in the space of a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Sporting events are totally different. They will be reduced capacity (think 20/30%) with allocated seating and groups of no more than 6. I doubt Festival Republic will allow a reduced capacity EP to happen and I don't see a path from reduced capacity sporting events to full capacity outdoor music festivals in the space of a few weeks.

"a few weeks" could in all likelihood mean a million jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »

The starting of Blur's set clashed with the ending of Jon Hopkin's set, so as myself and my buddie were arriving at the main stage, Blur were going through Beetlebum, Thankfully when I got back home after the weekend and I watched back on the EP footage on the RTE player I discovered that the first 5 songs we'd missed in Blur's set were recorded for the broadcast, the final one being Beetlebum, so we basically got to see the whole set eventually. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The starting of Blur's set clashed with the ending of Jon Hopkin's set, so as myself and my buddie were arriving at the main stage, Blur were going through Beetlebum, Thankfully when I got back home after the weekend and I watched back on the EP footage on the RTE player I discovered that the first 5 songs we'd missed in Blur's set were recorded for the broadcast, the final one being Beetlebum, so we basically got to see the whole set eventually. :)

I’ve been reading you’re past blog posts all this week and watching all the vids you have taken.
    It’s been really lovely so appreciate the time and effort you put into them.

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’ve been reading you’re past blog posts all this week and watching all the vids you have taken.
    It’s been really lovely so appreciate the time and effort you put into them.

Any link(s) please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Deadly. Thanks :cool: I’ll grab a few beers a d reminisce.

Stadiums are more confined in terms of spacing. The percentages for those events will increase as the rollout intensifies.

I think FR could live with reducing the capacity, but by how much I'm unsure. Their costs will be greatly down if it's only Irish and UK acts this year and I think they'd prefer to go ahead with 50k than not at all. They can offer refunds or rolled on tickets to the other 20k if that's necessary.

If more than 70% of the adult population is vaccinated by mid-August and the variants haven't taken a foothold then I fail to understand the resistance to open air events given the case incidence for outdoor transmission is 0.1% of the state's infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could some festivals move to day events with no camping ?

PTH2009 wrote: »

I guess they could but it would make no sense to do so. To have festival attendees leave the site to mix with people not at the festival for two or three days? Would be far better to let them stay on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

PTH2009 wrote: »

That just sounds like hell, having the tent where you can chose your own time is a real benefit. But I'm sure the bars woukd love it!!

As majority would be drinking, busses would be needed each day and night, even if socially distanced/seats closed off etc. + large queues for buses, I think it would be far more risk vs camping.

Advertisement