Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami 2022 = Recommendations/Tips/Hotels

Options
  • 07-05-2021 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, considering booking trip to Miami in 2022, can't seem to find any direct flights from Dublin? X2 Adults, flexible regards dates.

I checked aer lingus but seems have to stopover in Toronto or JFK. Would rather fly direct.

Any típs, hints, places to stay or must see etc...

Have been to usa números times, so know about ESTA etc.. more about Miami itself.

Thanks in advance

BDK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Depending on when you are thinking of going, flights may not be released yet and there is always the possibility of re-routing from non-stop to stopover. Way too early to be booking flights.

Don't travel during the summer months - humidity is unreal, lots of afternoon thunderstorms too. How long are you going to be there?

For a first timer, I'd recommend staying in South Beach. Will you be hiring a car? if so, make sure you book somewhere that has parking included.

A trip to Key West, a tour of Little Havana, an airboat trip through the Everglades are all options. I personally prefer Hollywood/Hallandale/Pompano areas as I find Miami vacuous and has gotten every expensive over the last few years.

Oh and it helps if you speak Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Depending on when you are thinking of going, flights may not be released yet and there is always the possibility of re-routing from non-stop to stopover. Way too early to be booking flights.

Don't travel during the summer months - humidity is unreal, lots of afternoon thunderstorms too. How long are you going to be there?

For a first timer, I'd recommend staying in South Beach. Will you be hiring a car? if so, make sure you book somewhere that has parking included.

A trip to Key West, a tour of Little Havana, an airboat trip through the Everglades are all options. I personally prefer Hollywood/Hallandale/Pompano areas as I find Miami vacuous and has gotten every expensive over the last few years.

Oh and it helps if you speak Spanish.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Week at most, x2 adults. Will hire a car to move about. Flexible regards dates and times. Also Flexible with regards to places to stay or visit.

I will keep eye out for direct flights, just my preference, not a deal breaker as no kids¡!

Won't be going in the summer that's too hot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

I think Aer Lingus do a direct Miami flight a couple of times a week. With things all over the place at the moment you probably cannot even check when those flights are. Keep an eye on airlines when things open up properly & they start to push 2022 trips which should in theory be very busy.

Advertisement