Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid Testing and GDPR

Options
  • 30-04-2021 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice regarding the above.

Background is this;

In work we have mandatory testing, if we don't do a test, we can't go into work. The test is carried out by a Northern Irish company.

I was tested yesterday and have since been informed by a third party (my employer) that my result has come back positive. As far as I'm aware, a result of a covid test should be entirely private and only shared with myself.

Just wondering if I have grounds to make a complaint to the commission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Leftyflip wrote: »

Background is this;

In work we have mandatory testing, if we don't do a test, we can't go into work. The test is carried out by a Northern Irish company.

I was tested yesterday and have since been informed by a third party (my employer) that my result has come back positive. As far as I'm aware, a result of a covid test should be entirely private and only shared with myself.

Sounds pretty standard. Before I got let go, we had mandatory testing and because the company were paying for it and it was going through them, all results were sent to HR and we were informed whether positive or negative.

What issue do you have? You'd have to tell the company if you tested positive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

No gdpr breach. Besides anything else it's a public good exception. Also you will have agreed somewhere that if work send you for medical tests they will be allowed limited feedback. Be which in this case should certainly include that you are positive.

Hope you get better soon. Don't worry about things that don't exist. And that work would have found out anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Background is this;

Did you sign anything at the time of teting to allow them to do this? If so your claim would have no grounds at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Background is this;

It is entirely legitimate especially when protecting vital interests and for public health measures, specifically allowed for under GDPR.

Advertisement