Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clear Mobile from Vodafone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I cannot see the attraction in CLEAR. The only thing clear is it's the poor cousin of VODAFONE with crap speeds.
    Website in black and white ( Reminds me of TESCO yellow label from years ago).
    At least 48/GOMO make an effort.....Very poor and can't see this one taking off unless it's radically overhauled .

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

castle2012 wrote: »
    I cannot see the attraction in CLEAR. The only thing clear is it's the poor cousin of VODAFONE with crap speeds.
    Website in black and white ( Reminds me of TESCO yellow label from years ago).
    At least 48/GOMO make an effort.....Very poor and can't see this one taking off unless it's radically overhauled .

Yeah the 5mb limit is very poor, I think increasing the Vodafone unlimited package to 20mb instead of 10mb and increasing clear to 10mb would make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

My brother tried to port to them and gave up.
    Said it was nightmare to get anything done.
    For me the 5mb cap is a no plus saw on reviews clear won't commit what ever price sign up with won't be for life at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone seeing this on CM website? It doesn't show up on all browsers and there's no mention anywhere else...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Anyone seeing this on CM website? It doesn't show up on all browsers and there's no mention anywhere else...

Yeah, it shows up for me in edge but not chrome. Probably some offer they will launch soon to try lure in some more customers.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »

The 5mb speed limit is deal breaker for most I talked too.plus there customer service is as bad . maybe in 6 months it improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They must have f all customers? I really don't see why you'd go with them over post mobile unless you want slow speed unlimited data broadband.
    The offer sounds gas, just move to 48 and then move on.

TheDriver wrote: »
    They must have f all customers? I really don't see why you'd go with them over post mobile unless you want slow speed unlimited data broadband.
    The offer sounds gas, just move to 48 and then move on.

I'm on Gomo and 48.work perfect.
    I was on an post mobile till I found out their mobile service don't support hotspot which is deal breaker for me. I asked why but didn't get reason only an post mobile don't support hotspot.
    Till clear mobile wise up and give better the miserable 5mb speed their customer base will not grow like others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrmagoo12

I changed to clearmobile from virginmedia. I would use iphone and have wifi at work and at home and live in a city. The only issue is the speed is not adequate for streaming video etc. unless you have access to good wifi.

For me the positives outweigh the negative experiences I had with virginmedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pyor

Clear mobile are terrible. I can't get data on my device and there is no support from their webpage. You have to contact them though "Social media channels".

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Have you checked that 'Mobile Data' is set to 'on"?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Just moved from eir, much better reception in my terraced house. Half the price too. Should’ve done it ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Are you getting a constant 5 on speedtests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I was thinking of switching to Clear from 48, but, 5Mbps max speed? Is this info accuate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

anyone unable to save a card on the website to process the monthly payment? website is slow as fcuk as well. I see the over-engineering. reminds me of the three and airtricity websites

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

Yes, incredibly, this fault is still on their network. Revolut authentication (and many other Service Provider SMS messages e.g. School SMS Notification Service) do not work. This is, most likely, due to Clear Mobile barring delivery of SMS which originate from certain SMSC (SMS-Centre). Why they would want to take this 'brute force' approach to barring Service Provider SMS is unknown, but, really this is a very poor show from Clear Mobile. Why don't they use the same solution which Vodafone uses? There are no problems with Service Provider SMS delivery with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I left them pretty soon after posting that comment over two years ago

I'd love to know how many subs Clear Mobile have and if their subs are aware that they may well be missing many SMS notifications from important companies/organisations which they interact with....

Yeah, this fault still (June 2023) exists on the ClearMobile SMSC network; many Service Provider messages, including Revolut, are being blocked by ClearMobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

As above I left them two years ago. Went to GoMo and now back to Vodafone

Finally, ClearMobile have fixed this network fault this afternoon (16/06/2023). All Service Provider notification messages (including Port-Out authentication messages and Revolut authentication messages) should now reach ClearMobile subscriber phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PH0NER

I can't believe they haven't upgraded the speeds from a paltry 5Mbps yet. I mean for the price, almost all the competitors have a better plan. What's the point of Clear Mobile?

Vodafone are the only carrier with eSIM right now. Maybe even offering eSIM on Clear would make it more enticing to some?

Advertisement