Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog park

Options
  • 18-03-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Carlowvians
    Wondering what your thoughts are on a dog park for Carlow. Throughout lockdown especially I have noticed the lack of spaces in the locality to let dogs off-lead, I use a field near me but it's going to be built on fairly soon. I'm thinking of lobbying the council but don't know if there would be much interest. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bamm50

I would agree entirely and support any approach to the council.

That is a really good idea and it might help to keep the town paths clean of of dog crap that has increasing gotten worse over lockdown.
    I noticed over the last week or so quiet a few people using the big field on the left as you drive into the youth centre, That would be an ideal location for a dog park if it is public land as there is parking in the youth centre itself, There is also the big field on the other side if you go through the gap at the boy scout club house.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Ive often thought a dog park would be a great idea and it should certainly be looked into further. My concern on it would be how its managed and maintained. Making sure its kept safe & clean for you and your dog. These aren't issues that should stop setting a dog park up but just things I think would need to be ironed out before its done.

Carlow Town Park has had its problems with anti social behaviour and some system would need to be in place to make sure that doesn't happen with the dog park.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

I think it would be a great idea then all the people who let their dogs off lead in the likes of Oakpark can go there.

Only there today and 2 off lead dogs came running at my dog who I was trying to walk on a lead around the path way.

The owner was chatting away and had no idea their dogs were pestering me and my dog so I was forced to shout in their direction to call the dogs away.

Advertisement