Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renewal of Irish Residence Permit

Options
  • 03-08-2020 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I really need some advice regarding my visa renewal. I am going to Germany for upcoming academic semester in a college exchange programme. My Irish Residence Permit expires while I am in Germany. I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a renewal from Germany. I cannot renew it now as it is too early (the online renewal system only allows renewal before a month of expiry). Just to give a context on my status - I have been living in Ireland for seven years on stamp 4. How should I proceed? Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jesonnn

Hello, you can't update your stamp in Germany, this is 100%, the solution can be just go back to Ireland and apply when you can (now it is only email appointment available for outside of Dublin and online for Dublin), so send them an email, wait until the date when you will be granted to come to INIS and you can come and apply, also keep in mind the card will come to you by post to Irish address. You need to decided how to manage that info, you can apply and theoretically, go back to Germany and someone can send you the card by post, but INIS will not send to Germany

Advertisement