Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Software ?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Guys & Gurls,

Recently got into this fascinating subject & am currently working on the family tree (mostly for the benefit of my daughter). I've got got a decent way back (five generations from my daughter, pretty much on both sides), about 1840 is the earliest birth date I can find. I've also discovered my great grandfather was shot through the thorax in 1916 & died in the doorway of what is now the "3 Store" in Henry Street.

Can anyone recommend a piece of mac software I could use to track it all ? I'm currently using Mac Family Tree, but it's not keeping track of some of the relationships.

Uncovered a couple of skeletons in the closet too :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Have a read of Dick Eastman's blog.

He posts a lot about genealogy software and is a mac enthusiast so there's bound to be useful info for you there.

http://blog.eogn.com/

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I use GEDitCOM myself. Basic software for mac. Pretty cheap and I like what it does :)

You can get free trials of most mac family tree programs (sometimes you get an example tree to look at, or do your own but you can't save), so you can get a feel for a few before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

:eek:

I was JUST going to ask the very same question!

Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to give both software a trial. I'd seriously consider buying something that done the job.

I have old versions of the tree in various formats but it's REALLY getting a bit out of hand... and to top it all off there is two divorces at g-grandparents level and one case of a child out of wedlock :eek: (later adopted).

Honestly... you'd think people could just stay together and accurately record their details to make my life easier! :P

Advertisement