Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Prep

Options
  • 28-08-2019 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

So seeking as Borris Bonkers has lost the run of himself, what should we all be stashing away for what seems like economic Armageddon?

My prep so far is to ensure all our passports are valid
    I’ve also stockpiled some bog roll as I heard somewhere that every ounce of it comes from the UK.

So, what else should we be prepping for October 31st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Scotch whisky.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Those english tarts you meet on the cheap sun holidays, the true heroes of freedom of movement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

will we have to start drinking our own urine right away or will that be more of a gradual transition?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

You should be converting all your available money to the British pound because the current exchange rate is incredible. Once the EU crashes cash in and reap the windfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CelticSeaShip

screamer wrote: »
    So seeking as Borris Bonkers has lost the run of himself, what should we all be stashing away for what seems like economic Armageddon?

My prep so far is to ensure all our passports are valid
    I’ve also stockpiled some bog roll as I heard somewhere that every ounce of it comes from the UK.

So, what else should we be prepping for October 31st

Is this true about toilet paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Shot guns and tinned food! It's all going crashing down this winter baby! Wohooo! It'll be like the purge but for weeks.

Oh wait did I say that out loud?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Watch this you prepper freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Joking aside I wouldn't go overboard. Any no deal scenario will only last 2-3 months before the Brits come crawling back for a deal. Plus the EU won't let Ireland descend into mass panic and violence. They will do everything possible to help us. Not because they care but because they will want to prove to other nations that life is better inside the EU for Ireland than outside the EU for what used to be the United Kingdom.

But just to be sure if you are on medication I'd ask the doctor for a prescription to allow you get a couple of months of supply in advance. I'd also try to get as much of my Christmas shopping done before Brexit as possible especially any gifts from online shops. And I'd probably fill up on heating oil also. Beyond that I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Is this true about toilet paper?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I read a book on the Rwandan genocide. Best move to your hometown for awhile.
    Make plans for defending against the murder squads the government are bussing in.

Send letters to all foreign dignitaries. Try to convince them your lads are best for the global elite to do business.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Semtex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Bit of Alka Seltzer for the morning after the party. Good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Same people lost their s h it over the millennium bug. Life will go on as normal some of the predictions are laughable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

We don't need anymore Brexit threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement