Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Instagram effect. Looks fitness attractiveness and narcissism

• 28-08-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I believe narcissism is at an all time high. Don’t get me wrong, taking care of yourself is important and fitness is to be welcomed. However it’s impossible to ignore the explosion of narcissism that the social media age has created. Has anyone else noticed that every guy on Instagram is a “ fitness instructor” even though most have no credentials. Also in the bio of most young lads and girls is the obligatory “model”, who they are modeling for I’ve no clue, it’s like they just self identify as a model. It’s a narcissistic way of saying I’m gorgeous. Also so many guys have onlyfans pages (which is where you pay them money and you can see them masturbate etc) I swear this is a real thing.
    Also the definition of “good looking” seems to have changed. Duck lips on girls but also this ken doll artificial look on some guys.

here’s an example. This guy is , of course, a model on Instagram. Sometimes I think yeh he’s good looking but other times I think no he’s looks strange, slightly off. Is he considered good looking these days ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Naya Cold Underdog

vladmydad wrote: »
    I believe narcissism is at an all time high. Don’t get me wrong, taking care of yourself is important and fitness is to be welcomed. However it’s impossible to ignore the explosion of narcissism that the social media age has created. Has anyone else noticed that every guy on Instagram is a “ fitness instructor” even though most have no credentials. Also in the bio of most young lads and girls is the obligatory “model”, who they are modeling for I’ve no clue, it’s like they just self identify as a model. It’s a narcissistic way of saying I’m gorgeous. Also so many guys have onlyfans pages (which is where you pay them money and you can see them masturbate etc) I swear this is a real thing.
    Also the definition of “good looking” seems to have changed. Duck lips on girls but also this ken doll artificial look on some guys.

here’s an example. This guy is , of course, a model on Instagram. Sometimes I think yeh he’s good looking but other times I think no he’s looks strange, slightly off. Is he considered good looking these days ??

every semi attractive girl thinks they're an influencer and I hate that they have to document every moment of their life...this one I know does 10 stories a day when its one of her mates birthday (nearly one every day - how many friends does she have - thankfully I seem to dodge it by hiding my b-day on fb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Am I seeing double this evening??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Is the guy in this thread, maybe? No. No he isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ok I give up. Where is he?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

He looks strange to me

He looks strange to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I suppose I better say he's good looking or I'll look like a homophobe.

He looks strange to me

Jesus Christ op, you had one job....

It’s impossible to attach a file this evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

He looks strange to me

He looks strange to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Op, this is certainly a bit of an odd thread...have you had a few sherries?

But I don't think anyone could say that the guy is not a very good looking guy.

But too perfect in a bland way, but definitely good looking guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

He looks strange to me
    He looks strange to me
    He looks strange to me
    Really?
    What does it matter? Relax. Ignore and move on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

You have a thread already with the same title, no need for two

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement